Garden Tractor Forums banner

Anyone recognize these attachments?

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Cvans 
#1 ·
Hi all, I was at a local junkyard today dropping off some batteries and saw these 2 attachments sitting by the fence. They let me take a look at them and I got a couple pics. The first one looked like a tiller from a distance but when I got closer I believe its an aerator. From the color I was thinking maybe Bolens but I'm not sure. It has a long tongue on one end and a short hitch right at the back. The second one appears to be a factory built unit of an aerator/roller combo. Part of the hitch and linkage look kind of like Sears to me but again not sure. I looked them over but didn't see any tags or decals. Any idea who made them? I'm probably going to go back and see if I can buy the aerator/roller and can ask about the other one if there's any interest in it. Stewart

Plant Light Wood Gas Metal

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I didn't even think about a rotary hoe. Makes sense to me that it might be that as all the aerators I've seen had straight teeth instead of curved. I was thinking the same about the second one being for a DB but the hitch has a tube for a bolt instead of a peg but, the DB's were made long enough ago that anyone could have modified it some so anythings possible

#10 ·
If'n you ain't got em home by now, I'll be there in the morning to get them.

Reactions: Mark 149 J.
#13 ·
Well they're both safely loaded in the back of my truck now. Everything turns on both of them but they're really stiff . Hopefully its just from the cold or old dry grease and a fresh shot of it will smooth them up. I did find that the drum on the roller has 4 small holes rotted in it from having water left inside but other than that it doesn't look too bad. More pictures to come when I get them unloaded

#14 ·
And here's the pictures. They're not in too bad a shape considering they've sat outside who knows how long. A couple little dents and tweaks in the tin work and bracing. The worst part appears to be the small holes in the roller drum and the twisted hitch on the same. The handle on it is so you can put it one way and just have a roller and the other it will aerate and roll at the same time. And as a bonus I was going through some old paper work and folders from the 80's from Cub Cadet and found an Allied Attachment Guide they put out. It has all the equipment they tested and said was ok to use without voiding your warranty, and in it is 3 pages of Brinly-Hardy equipment. The first page has both of these listed plus a different version of the roller/aerator that used plugs instead of knives to aerate with.

Wood Gas Road surface Metal Composite material
Gas Concrete Automotive wheel system Metal Wood
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs
Water Wood Formation Freezing Soil
Motor vehicle Road surface Wood Asphalt Automotive tire
Rectangle Wood Brick Gas Tints and shades
Wheel Tire Plant Tread Road surface
Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Kit car Font

Attachments

#17 ·
I save all my old motor oil and old gas and diesel and anything else like this and keep it in an old 55 gallon drum . I also have an old 100 gallon horse watering troth that I use when I get a find like these . I put the old oil fuel mix in the troth and if they will fit , I hoist the implement up and set it carefully into it's bath , sometimes for a couple months , depending upon the degree of rust and weathering , occasionally I'll take an old paint brush and wire brush , lift the implement up and give it a quick brush off , then re-dunk and when I'm ready I pull it out and wipe it semi dry before I set it on my bench to take it apart . I also have started photographing each stage of the disassembly with my digital camera and down loading it onto my lap top .

Clean these bad boys up and maybe paint them but RE-LIFE em .

Have fun .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.