16 replies to this topic

#16 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4377
  • 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted July 02, 2011 - 05:57 AM

Welcome friend.... nice Ride-A-Matic. I have owned 2 1961 models. They are so neat. I always thought John Deere in 1963 was the first gt to have a variator .... until I got the Bolens! I sold both of mine to collectors .... in fact the last one went to Missouri last week.

Your post here gave me an idea. I am currently setting up a small machine shop and have both manual and cnc machines. I am hoping to have some business making reproductions of obsolete parts. I am now wondering if I could machine brake lining material..... If I could then I could make parts like the reversers you need or mabe pads like on CC disc brakes and early Deere hydros!!!!

Great to have you .... I love to see those old round nose Green Bolens !

Thanks for sharing.

#17 scootrd OFFLINE  

scootrd

• Member No: 4517
  • 2 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 05:08 PM

Your post here gave me an idea. I am currently setting up a small machine shop and have both manual and cnc machines. I am hoping to have some business making reproductions of obsolete parts. I am now wondering if I could machine brake lining material..... If I could then I could make parts like the reversers you need or mabe pads like on CC disc brakes and early Deere hydros!!!!.

I think that's an excellent idea. . The larger fab shops have to charge an arm and a leg to cover their overhead. a Smaller shop could probably do pretty well supporting the vintage and antique niche MKT Fabbing obsolete parts.