Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Bolens 650 - parted out leftover odds and ends - FREE JUNK!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 Sammoore13bolens1053 OFFLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

Because I’m young doesn’t mean I’m stupid

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 89554
  • 204 Thanks
  • 293 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 02:28 AM

As blackjackjakexxix indicated, I don't expect it will be cheap, but is there a specific part you are seeking?

Would you have a hood lever that lets the hood not go down all the way, or a light

#32 Sammoore13bolens1053 OFFLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 204 Thanks
  • 293 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 04:49 AM

There are also a pair of hood latches/bumpers (part # 1717232) that I was holding for someone, but they did not need them thus another set of parts is available as well.

Or could you Post them at 1 dollar or chevon ebay, and I could then pay shipping over?

#33 dtsh OFFLINE  

dtsh
  • Member No: 82586
  • 248 Thanks
  • 169 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 01:35 PM

Would you have a hood lever that lets the hood not go down all the way, or a light

I don't have one of those, the 650 had it's original engine swapped out at some point and the hood stop assembly was removed. What I've got is what's in the most recent picture, plus some rather heavy/awkward bits as mentioned in the post. The big items are almost certainly to expensive to reasonably ship domestically, so international on them would be absurd. As for the light, I presume you mean the headlights, I probably have one of the originals here somewhere, but those are probably easier to obtain locally at a tractor or auto parts store, ask for PAR36 bulbs. I replaced the ones on my Bolens 750 with 9W PAR36 LED bulbs, with which I am quite pleased.

Or could you Post them at 1 dollar or chevon ebay, and I could then pay shipping over?

I could if I knew which part(s) you wanted, but then it would cost you more as you'd have to pay the site fees as well. It's not worth the hassle for me to list these on an auction site as I don't feel they have enough value. I'm happy to give them away for the compensation of shipping charges. I don't make even a penny on these as I'm more interested in gettng them out of my garage and into the hands of someone who will use them; knowing I turned some trash into treasure for someone else is compensation enough. As such, when hassle goes up, my incentive to play nice and not just trash them goes down. Thankfully the post office is but blocks from my day job and said employer is very accomodating to my eccentric schedule.

• Sammoore13bolens1053 said thank you

#34 Sammoore13bolens1053 OFFLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 204 Thanks
  • 293 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 01:45 PM

I don't have one of those, the 650 had it's original engine swapped out at some point and the hood stop assembly was removed. What I've got is what's in the most recent picture, plus some rather heavy/awkward bits as mentioned in the post. The big items are almost certainly to expensive to reasonably ship domestically, so international on them would be absurd. As for the light, I presume you mean the headlights, I probably have one of the originals here somewhere, but those are probably easier to obtain locally at a tractor or auto parts store, ask for PAR36 bulbs. I replaced the ones on my Bolens 750 with 9W PAR36 LED bulbs, with which I am quite pleased.

I could if I knew which part(s) you wanted, but then it would cost you more as you'd have to pay the site fees as well. It's not worth the hassle for me to list these on an auction site as I don't feel they have enough value. I'm happy to give them away for the compensation of shipping charges. I don't make even a penny on these as I'm more interested in gettng them out of my garage and into the hands of someone who will use them; knowing I turned some trash into treasure for someone else is compensation enough. As such, when hassle goes up, my incentive to play nice and not just trash them goes down. Thankfully the post office is but blocks from my day job and said employer is very accomodating to my eccentric schedule.

Ok, what I really need is the belt adjustment pulley, used for the pto

#35 dtsh OFFLINE  

dtsh
  • 248 Thanks
  • 169 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 02:22 PM

Ok, what I really need is the belt adjustment pulley, used for the pto

I don't think I have one of those as I don't see it in the picture.

What model Bolens do you have? They don't all use the same pulley so even if I had a pulley from another model, there's no guarantee it'd work on your tractor. For example, my 750 uses pulley 1713803 and my H-16 uses pulley 1716584.

If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend getting the Tube Frame Service Manual (here: http://gardentractor...frame-552875-1/) and the parts manual for your series/model of tractor (http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/). It really helps to know the Bolens part number you're looking for as well as the more common name for it, the more information you can provide and the more precise you can be the easier it is to get the part you actually need. Some parts are compatible across models, some are not.

If you need a part *not* in the images or otherwise mentioned, I'm very unlikely to have it. I'm not a parts supplier, I just have a few left over parts from a tractor I took apart. I kept the few parts I wanted from it and am trying to get rid of the rest, lest it still be found in my garage 20 years from now with even more rust. We have several really helpful suplliers who are very good at providing replacement parts, new, new old stock, and used if you need a part which you cannot find locally.

• 29 Chev said thank you

#36 Sammoore13bolens1053 OFFLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 204 Thanks
  • 293 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 02:27 PM

I don't think I have one of those as I don't see it in the picture.

What model Bolens do you have? They don't all use the same pulley so even if I had a pulley from another model, there's no guarantee it'd work on your tractor. For example, my 750 uses pulley 1713803 and my H-16 uses pulley 1716584.

If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend getting the Tube Frame Service Manual (here: http://gardentractor...frame-552875-1/) and the parts manual for your series/model of tractor (http://gardentractor...m/forums/files/). It really helps to know the Bolens part number you're looking for as well as the more common name for it, the more information you can provide and the more precise you can be the easier it is to get the part you actually need. Some parts are compatible across models, some are not.

If you need a part *not* in the images or otherwise mentioned, I'm very unlikely to have it. I'm not a parts supplier, I just have a few left over parts from a tractor I took apart. I kept the few parts I wanted from it and am trying to get rid of the rest, lest it still be found in my garage 20 years from now with even more rust. We have several really helpful suplliers who are very good at providing replacement parts, new, new old stock, and used if you need a part which you cannot find locally.

Ok thanks, over here in Northern Ireland, the partsare like finding hens tooth, having a bolens is quite a find over here, I’m lucky enough to have one, 2 miles away there used to be a bolens dealer, Nera our lawnmower buisness, could possibly have old parts

#37 heliosuk OFFLINE  

heliosuk
  • Member No: 59196
  • 188 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted March 09, 2018 - 04:12 PM

Sam,

You can get the idler/tensioner pulley in the UK, try simplybearings.co.uk. or bearingsrus.co.uk.  Headlights are also available as the same are used in clubs etc. Do a search on GE lamps and you will find them. I'll send you the actual GE part number tomorrow. You might have to modify the loom that feeds them but it's very simple to do.

Shipping is expensive from the US and on top of that VAT @ 20% is payable along with a Royal Mail handling charge.

• KennyP, Bolens800uk, logmillingman and 2 others have said thanks

#38 Sammoore13bolens1053 OFFLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 204 Thanks
  • 293 posts

Posted March 10, 2018 - 11:43 AM

Sam,

You can get the idler/tensioner pulley in the UK, try simplybearings.co.uk. or bearingsrus.co.uk.  Headlights are also available as the same are used in clubs etc. Do a search on GE lamps and you will find them. I'll send you the actual GE part number tomorrow. You might have to modify the loom that feeds them but it's very simple to do.

Shipping is expensive from the US and on top of that VAT @ 20% is payable along with a Royal Mail handling charge.

Thanks for that.

#39 heliosuk OFFLINE  

heliosuk
  • Member No: 59196
  • 188 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted March 10, 2018 - 03:10 PM

If you Google GE 4406 or GE PAR36 you'll see loads of headlights available. The Lamp Company in Hertfordshire appears to be the best deal at the moment.

• logmillingman and Sammoore13bolens1053 have said thanks

#40 Sammoore13bolens1053 OFFLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 204 Thanks
  • 293 posts

Posted March 10, 2018 - 05:56 PM

If you Google GE 4406 or GE PAR36 you'll see loads of headlights available. The Lamp Company in Hertfordshire appears to be the best deal at the moment.

The prices seem to be quite high for them...

#41 Sammoore13bolens1053 OFFLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 204 Thanks
  • 293 posts

Posted March 10, 2018 - 06:07 PM

https://www.amazon.c...&keywords=Par36
How about that?

#42 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,459 Thanks
  • 809 posts

Posted March 25, 2018 - 03:28 PM

Are there parts still available?

#43 dtsh OFFLINE  

dtsh
  • 248 Thanks
  • 169 posts

Posted March 25, 2018 - 03:31 PM

Yes indeed, the most recent picture is back a few posts, look for the most recent image posted by me

I hope there's something in there you need!

Edit: removed URL I somehow mangled.

Edited by dtsh, March 25, 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#44 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,459 Thanks
  • 809 posts

Posted March 25, 2018 - 08:00 PM

I need the dash and everything attached, the spring assist for the attachment lift lever would also be nice. Do you have the bracket that bolts to the top of the starter generator to adjust belt tension? Let me know. Thanks! Pm me with shipping to 14057

#45 dtsh OFFLINE  

dtsh
  • 248 Thanks
  • 169 posts

Posted March 25, 2018 - 11:00 PM

I need the dash and everything attached, the spring assist for the attachment lift lever would also be nice. Do you have the bracket that bolts to the top of the starter generator to adjust belt tension? Let me know. Thanks! Pm me with shipping to 14057

I don't have the generator brackets as the engine had been swapped out for a Tecumseh well before it arrived in my hands.

I'll get the dash and lift spring out, get them boxed up, and get a shipping total to you via PM, but it will likely not be until Tuesday.