Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Bolens 650 - parted out leftover odds and ends - FREE JUNK!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 dtsh OFFLINE  

dtsh
  • Member No: 82586
  • 232 Thanks
  • 154 posts

Posted December 05, 2017 - 10:44 AM

The drag link arrived today. Looks good. Thanks!!

Glad to be of assistance and to not send it to scrap!

My primary project right now is getting my old bobcat squared away for plowing duty (1), but my plan is to keep stripping parts down. Plenty more parts people, pipe up and claim your prize!

1) I plowed my driveway last year with the Bolens 750. It did a marvelous job and I can't complain, but the 42" plow takes a while on a 500+ foot driveway. The plow for the bobcat is a bit over 96", so it should take a few less passes.  :P

• Bolens 1000, fonz3482 and KennyP have said thanks

#17 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,243 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 04:26 AM

I also received my parts. Too be honest I haven't opened the package yet! LOL! I set it on my 800 that will be using all the parts you sent and haven't been back into the garage to tinker with my Bolens stuff. A Winter storm is coming so I've been prepping for that and chasing my 2yr old around at the same time! I truly appreciate the parts and your help! It was a simple and well handled transaction that went flawlessly unlike another transaction I just recently dealt with! I look forward to hearing what other parts you will available. I may need some!

• KennyP said thank you

#18 dtsh OFFLINE  

dtsh
  • 232 Thanks
  • 154 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 09:20 PM

I also received my parts. Too be honest I haven't opened the package yet! LOL! I set it on my 800 that will be using all the parts you sent and haven't been back into the garage to tinker with my Bolens stuff. A Winter storm is coming so I've been prepping for that and chasing my 2yr old around at the same time! I truly appreciate the parts and your help! It was a simple and well handled transaction that went flawlessly unlike another transaction I just recently dealt with! I look forward to hearing what other parts you will available. I may need some!

I'm glad it arrived in a timely fashion.

I worked on a bit more teardown and some new images of all the trash/treasure. I stripped the transmission down today, some of which I intend on keeping (gear cluster, bevel gears, bevel pinion, right drive collar), but the rest is available. I don't think anyone is going to want some old bearings when the replacements are pretty affordable from the vendors here, but I removed them anyhow to strip the cast iron housing. Same with the bronze bushings, though those will likely go into my bronze scrap pile. I tossed most of the gears into my machine pile, so if anyone wants some I'd probably cough them up, same with the axle. Though admittedly, the axle will likely become fodder for my lathe.

IMG_20171206_185505.jpg

The bigger bits that I suspect fewer people will be interested in.

IMG_20171206_185816.jpg

#19 bonusbuilt1950 ONLINE  

bonusbuilt1950
  • Member No: 82972
  • 442 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 08:27 AM

I'd be interested in the steering gear in the first pic, lower left side. Shaped like a fan. Let me know. My zip is 06111.

#20 dtsh OFFLINE  

dtsh
  • 232 Thanks
  • 154 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 01:03 PM

Sure thing, I'll box it up this eve when I get home and have it ready monday. Do you want the matching steering arm (1716563)? I doubt it will change the shipping much.

#21 bonusbuilt1950 ONLINE  

bonusbuilt1950
  • 442 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 07:23 PM

Yes, I'll take that also. Thanks!

#22 bonusbuilt1950 ONLINE  

bonusbuilt1950
  • 442 Thanks
  • 220 posts