• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Deerecollector OFFLINE  

Deerecollector

• Member No: 433
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 03:01 PM

The club I pull with is the Lambton Kent minipullers. We allow motors from 8hp to 4.3 liter. We have small cc 4 cyl, large cc.4cyl, open class for 6 and 8cyl. The 4-6-8 cyl have to be stock from factory. We can play a little bit with single cyl. As for insurance , we have to have liability before the season starts. We are always looking for new members.

#17 Wheeli horse OFFLINE  

Wheeli horse
  • Member No: 10415
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 07:22 AM

Hi All! We have started a club down here in southern ontario for stock class pulling. We have our pulls once a month.
Our next pull is July 29 2012 at the Essex County Steam and gas Museum .Mcgregor Ontario.
If anyone would like rules or info, feel free to contact me at sxpuller@live.ca or sonic86stang@hotmail.co

We have 2 weight sleds to choose from: A smaller one for 8-10 hp 600lb and under tractors and a large one that we can use even for 8n W4 size tractors.
Most of us have 12-18 hp stock tractors and are limited to a 12-12-26 ag tire. And weight classes up to 1200lbs.
We have the annual steam and gas show coming up and it's on Aug 10,11,12 We will be pulling our garden tractors from 10 am 'till noon on the 11and 12th. If there is intrest in our events we may come up with more pull dates.

Link to web site http://www.essexstea.../show dates.htm
  • MH81 said thank you

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 08:07 AM

One thing I've learned thru watching pulls (and competing in the bigger ones) is that nothing will retard attendance and participation like poor organization.

We have a local club that is a prime example. Pulls starting an hour late, some cancelled due to lack of operators of the sled, 20 minute setups between classes, bending rules here and there, etc. These guys are the only game in town, but they are having trouble finding events to work at due to reputation. Some events have opted to have no pull at all versus listening to the complaints.

I wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor, but offer the following advice. Have back up plans for everything, Get the best volunteers you can, keep your hook fees "kid friendly", and set the rules in stone. If a situation arises that needs a change in your rules, wait until your next meeting and address it then.
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#19 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 08:08 AM

Good advice.

#20 Wheeli horse OFFLINE  

Wheeli horse
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 11:06 AM

Getting staff to run the sled is hard... So I sacrifice my time to prep the track,make sure the equipment works... Run the sled and operate the pullback tractor.
I dont get to make too many pulls some days... But i'm there to make it fun for everyone else.
It definitely is a group effort... No doubt!

#21 Wheeli horse OFFLINE  

Wheeli horse
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 04:56 PM

Here is the facebook page and you will find our rules there too.

http://www.facebook....89863187739518/