- - - - -

Continental air cleaner and gas tank

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• Member No: 4513
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 03:59 PM

Hi--I just picked up a David Bradley tractor, 917.5756 with a Continental motor. It is missing the air cleaner, gas tank and handlebar grips. Anybody have anything? Thanks, Bill

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,215 Thanks
  • 29,686 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 04:15 PM

Must be a walk behind with that engine. I can't help with anything but the grips. I can find new grips much like ones on yours at good flea markets. What OD is the tube the grips slide onto?

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 09:56 AM

I have 2 DB's with Continental Engines, One AU7 and One AU8...Great Running Engines...I was missing some parts when i got them and they are very hard to come by unless you stumble upon someone who dosen't know what they have....Guys that know what they have & how rare they are are slow to part with them and want a lot of $$$$$...The Gas Tank & grips are a relatively easy find, they were allmost all the same but the engine parts are tough, the only place I was able to find them was on Ebay .... Good Luck

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 11:38 AM

I have the Continental powered DB's in my collection and Dan is right, hard to find other than ebay. The Continental gas tank is unique in that it has raised rings on the ends as opposed to smooth like the Briggs tanks on the DB's.

#5 davbradtrac OFFLINE  

• Member No: 5446
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 07:40 AM

There is other sources for the air cleaner some clinton engines used the same clean vue air cleaner i have found several at flea markets