• Austen said thank you

#48 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 1,475 Thanks
  • 848 posts

Posted November 28, 2017 - 08:42 PM

Can you provide some info

Jeff (captaindemo17) got in touch with him and provided the fabricator's contact email to me yesterday and this is what he said:

As I assume Jeff’s informed you, I am located in Sweden. Hence, freight will unfortunately be cost intense matter, but also likely the primary benefit of a group shipment. Since there is a lot of manual welding, the group pricing effect will not be very big. Last time I produced a batch it was 5 pieces and I charged 3600 Swedish Crowns a piece, which is about $440 with today’s rate. I could probably do it for that in numbers 1 to 2 as well.

As for lead time, I think I have material in stock for 4 pieces but I have to check to be sure. If that’s the case I could probably ship them out in a couple of weeks given that we establish a way of payment (would Paypal work for you?) and suitable freight alternative.

Jeff and I have been talking through PM and are thinking about putting a thread together to run over the course of a couple months to get an order going to take advantage of the slightly better pricing. I am also going to ask about what the cost of shipping will be shortly the USA.

If anyone has interest, PM me or member captaindem17 about this.

Edited by Austen, November 28, 2017 - 09:41 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix, ClassicBolens and captaindemo17 have said thanks

#49 Doug E. ONLINE  

Doug E.
  • Member No: 78641
  • 296 Thanks
  • 159 posts

Posted November 29, 2017 - 08:17 AM

Classic Bolens,

Thanks for posting the newspaper clippings on Bolens.  I have suspected that a major factor in the decline of the higher end Bolens product line was due to the influx of the Japanese sub compact tractors.  Tractordata lists the price for a Kubota B6000 in 1977 at $3000.  I don't have any info on Large frame pricing for that year, but suspect that would have been very competitive, especially for a diesel tractor available in four wheel drive. 

Anyone have more insight on this?

Thanks,

Doug

• blackjackjakexxix and Austen have said thanks

#50 ClassicBolens OFFLINE  

ClassicBolens
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 48806
  • 1,375 Thanks
  • 494 posts

Posted November 29, 2017 - 03:28 PM

Classic Bolens,

Thanks for posting the newspaper clippings on Bolens. I have suspected that a major factor in the decline of the higher end Bolens product line was due to the influx of the Japanese sub compact tractors. Tractordata lists the price for a Kubota B6000 in 1977 at $3000. I don't have any info on Large frame pricing for that year, but suspect that would have been very competitive, especially for a diesel tractor available in four wheel drive.

Anyone have more insight on this?

Thanks,

Doug

I honestly don't think that had much impact considering that Bolens also started importing and marketing the Iseki tractors at that time as well.

#51 DL-North OFFLINE  

DL-North
  • Member No: 78316
  • 66 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted November 29, 2017 - 09:21 PM

I have both a Bolens/Iseki G152 and a Troybilt GTX 20. 

For a grass cutting machine, the GTX is far better than the G152.  

On the other hand, if you are doing anything with dirt, than the G152 has the advantage.

Dan 

#52 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • 1,475 Thanks
  • 848 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 04:45 PM

An Impromptu Pit-stop in PA

For those who are following, the shipping arrangements have finally come together and the tractor has been picked up from CT- only with a twist.

While discussing my plans with Kevin a few weeks ago regarding the transfer of the 14 loader onto the HDT, he offered me a Johnson 25 loader that he and Rick acquired a while ago on an existing machine. This would be a heavier duty upgrade over the 14- perfect for a diesel. Furthermore, it has a bottom, PTO style, mounted pump and wider uprights which are both positives over the 14 in terms of probable fitment to the HDT. I decided to go with it, however, it was going to require a pallet to be made, trailered to a shipper, etc; a hassle to move around statically on both our ends. On Monday morning while eating breakfast, a wild and spontaneous idea hit me. The tractor is being picked up on the east coast and Kevin's location isn't the opposite direction... hmmm... the wheels starting turning. What if the tractor made a little "pit-stop" to Kevin on the way to have the loader fitted and then shipped as a whole back to WA from there instead? I floated this idea around with him to he see if it was acceptable and wouldn't be a burden. We decided to have it shipped to Rick's place who was willing to store it where the loader is currently. The tractor is supposed to arrive at Rick's tomorrow. Kevin also offered to install a replacement bolster (free of labor charge- we're going to talk about this!) for it as well. I couldn't be more pleased that it is going to these guys first who will also be able to give an expertise assessment of it. It is something that was purchased sight-unseen so you never truly know the condition of something like this until you actually see it in person so these guys will be the first, and, possess the knowledge to give the real scoop of it.

Of course, I did request they post some pics too.

Edited by Austen, December 08, 2017 - 12:09 AM.

• olcowhand, blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and 3 others have said thanks

#53 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 7,484 Thanks
  • 2,463 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for the update.  It may take you a little longer to get the HDT1000 but considering who you have involved the end results will be well worth the wait in my opinion.  Looking forward to pictures - maybe once the loader is installed you may have to plan a cross country road trip. :dancingbanana:

• blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt, Austen and 1 other said thanks

#54 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • 1,475 Thanks
  • 848 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 05:12 PM

Yes, it will be worth it.

I forgot to include in my post above about the "care package" Bob, the now former owner, is sending to me that is going to arrive next week. The "care package" includes manuals and other paperwork that he had of it, he said. I also requested that he include a write-up of all the known past history he has of the tractor and everything he had done to it as well ie; part replacements, repairs, etc, etc. I'll include whatever bits and pieces here that he sends along.

• olcowhand, wilberj, blackjackjakexxix and 4 others have said thanks

#55 Mark 149 J. OFFLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,875 Thanks
  • 1,105 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 05:25 PM

Wow Austen that is very exciting!   :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

• Austen said thank you

#56 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Member No: 2194
  • 2,871 Thanks
  • 2,077 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 07:16 PM

Glad I could help out,can't wait to see it tomorrow, that loader is very nice,your going to be pleased
  • WrenchinOnIt and Austen have said thanks

#57 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,243 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 08:09 AM

Everything is lining up perfectly!! When its meant to be, its meant to be my Dad always tells me... Can't wait to see some pictures!

• Austen and Bdgjr215 have said thanks

#58 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • 1,475 Thanks
  • 848 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 12:46 PM

Fresh off the boat! These were just sent to me from Rick.

Upon initial glance, it appears it will need a dash and a some other things but looks decent from what the pictures display. I'm sure Rick will give us the low down later on.

7ngXU6Uh.jpg

yo0xXUjh.jpg

XOwRHqYh.jpg

FbIwQMFh.jpg

Q4rk5zgh.jpg

MhFFPzuh.jpg

rm6MxY7h.jpg

Edited by Austen, December 08, 2017 - 12:47 PM.

• olcowhand, blackjackjakexxix, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#59 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 39,695 Thanks
  • 30,978 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 01:02 PM

Wow, other than the seat and dash, she looks awfully nice!

• KennyP, Austen and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#60 Mark 149 J. OFFLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,875 Thanks
  • 1,105 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 01:20 PM

That looks amazingly clean and in great shape!  I bet that makes feel like doing a happy dance! :dancingbanana:

• KennyP and Austen have said thanks