52 replies to this topic

#46 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62466
  • 2,632 Thanks
  • 1,575 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 05:39 PM

Hi all, well today we got 4 inches of light fluffy snow so I got the PK out with the Haban blower and gave it a go, and I'm smiling it worked good blew snow for about .5 hr only thing I have to work on is the chute will not stay put its pretty good when aimed to the righ or straight ahead but wants to rotate from the left to straight ahead going to look into some kind of a friction brake on the chute or control rod.

On another note boy does the heater system work nice it was 11*F out but in the cab even with the open back it was nice, could really tell the difference when I got the GT5000 out same cab no heat it was much colder in it.

• KennyP, 29 Chev and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#47 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 41,022 Thanks
  • 47,165 posts

Posted February 03, 2018 - 06:03 PM

Hi all, well today we got 4 inches of light fluffy snow so I got the PK out with the Haban blower and gave it a go, and I'm smiling it worked good blew snow for about .5 hr only thing I have to work on is the chute will not stay put its pretty good when aimed to the righ or straight ahead but wants to rotate from the left to straight ahead going to look into some kind of a friction brake on the chute or control rod.

On another note boy does the heater system work nice it was 11*F out but in the cab even with the open back it was nice, could really tell the difference when I got the GT5000 out same cab no heat it was much colder in it.

We know which one will be the favorite!

• MNGB and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#48 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • 2,632 Thanks
  • 1,575 posts

Posted February 23, 2018 - 02:00 PM

Hi we got another 5/6" of snow last night so this morning I deciced to just use the GT 5000 for blowing was out a little over .5 hr and it was working good but I was getting cold so ran it in to the shop and thought I'd give the PK a try it has the heater system I made so warmed up the Kohler and the SB Tecumseh and went out to do so blowing, am getting it down as to the speed to use using 2 nd and 2nd gear and about 1/2 to 2/3 throttle on the PK it did rally good the heat felt very good the Haban was blowing great was out about 40/45 mins and was enjoying it I'm very happy with the installation and will be getting a chance to use it again tomorrow at least that's what they are saying.
HPIM1684.JPG

• KennyP and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#49 Mark 149 J. OFFLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• Member No: 78623
  • 2,847 Thanks
  • 1,587 posts

Posted February 23, 2018 - 04:00 PM

It feels good when all that time in designing and building makes a product that works the way you intended!  Sweet!

Enjoy a cold one tonight for a job well done!! :beer:

Time to sell the GT5000?  It would mean more money for PK projects!

Edited by Mark 149 J., February 23, 2018 - 04:02 PM.

• MNGB said thank you

#50 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • 2,632 Thanks
  • 1,575 posts

Posted February 23, 2018 - 06:24 PM

It feels good when all that time in designing and building makes a product that works the way you intended!  Sweet!

Enjoy a cold one tonight for a job well done!! :beer:

Time to sell the GT5000?  It would mean more money for PK projects!

Hi Mark I'll wait for warmer weather for the cold one but its a good idea, don't think  the GT5000 will be leaving soon but it sure is getting a lot less hours since I got the PK's  its losing out on mowing and now snow blowing

Yes it really is a good feeling when things work out good.

We are suppose to get more snow tomorrow then it looks clear for the next 10 days  of course we all know how forecasting goes

So stay tuned I'm dreaming about another build project :wave:

Edited by MNGB, February 23, 2018 - 06:25 PM.

• Cjet69 and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#51 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • 2,632 Thanks
  • 1,575 posts

Posted February 26, 2018 - 02:02 PM

Hi all,
Saturday evening we got 6" of snow the dry fluffy stuff that a single stage likes best so this morning I was out with the PK and blew snow for about 55 minutes the Haban worked great some places it was 10/12" deep others maybe only 4 inches only overloaded the Tecumseh 2 twice got into so old packed deep snow and did stop the tractor fast enough both times in the same spot. I have to say with the Tecumseh powering the blower it does a good job of blowing snow it was nice and sunny and its a pretty site watching the snow come out of the chute and fly away it will blow a good 20 feet.HPIM1817.JPG HPIM1818.JPG HPIM1819.JPG

#52 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 10,276 Thanks
  • 3,336 posts

Posted February 26, 2018 - 02:27 PM

Looks like you got some fun seat time and the single stage is living up to your expectations.  I am hoping winter is pretty much done with us but not planning on taking the snowcaster off anytime soon as March can be interesting.

• KennyP and MNGB have said thanks

#53 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • 2,632 Thanks
  • 1,575 posts

Posted February 26, 2018 - 02:35 PM

Looks like you got some fun seat time and the single stage is living up to your expectations.  I am hoping winter is pretty much done with us but not planning on taking the snowcaster off anytime soon as March can be interesting.

Good idea not to remove the caster to soon as you say March can be a very interesting month.

I forgot to say earlier that I really like blowing snow with the Power king you sit up good so the visibility is really good it steers good enven with the blower on and it it decides to slide the front wheels a little tap on the brake brings it right around.