• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• Member No: 4353
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 09:11 AM

I was mowing this morning and now hydrolic lift does not work. Drives fine but does not lift. Is there a seperate hydrolic fluid fill of lift?

#2 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 09:54 AM

Everything comes out of the axle reservoir.
The hydro pump also supplies the hydraulic flow @ about 3-4 GPM @ 750 psi. Check for a broke relief spring.
The charge pump is driven by a pin in the input shaft that engages the pump gear. It my have sheared and you will have no charge or hydraulic pressure. Unit will drive but will start acting funny after a short time.
Manual is in our manuals section under Massey.

#3 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 11:41 AM

It is probably me since I am new to this tractor and the manual. The manual does not show clearly the parts of the charge pump. I located it, but cannot find where the pin/imput shaft is located. Doe the pump have to be removed? Is this an easy fix or should I just try to take it to a proffesional?

THanks,

#4 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 11:46 AM

The charge pump gear is behind the front cover on the hydro. The one with LH and RH in it.
I think we need to do a little more troubleshooting before we tear in to things. Let's do some presure test to determine exactly where the problem may be.

#5 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 11:53 AM

Before doing to much more take a look under the tractor and make sure none of the lift hanger straps have come off.After that check to see if both pins on each end of the lift cylinder are in.The lift cylinder is located in between the tractor frame about mid point of the tractor.Check to see if the cylinder moves in and out as well.Do the simple stuff first.Let use know what you find.Larry

#6 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 12:14 PM

That all checks out and it drives really well. To be honest the valve lever just does not feel right. Really low pressure and it only makes a pressure nois when pusheed down. The linkage is connected and not loose. Wondering if it could be the valve. The aux. valve seems to have more pressure though it is not hooked up to anything. Is it possible to move two hyd. lines to that to see if it is mid lift valve?

#7 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 12:24 PM

[ Is it possible to move two hyd. lines to that to see if it is mid lift valve?[/QUOTE]

That would be something to try change the lines and see if that does anything. Another thing is drive your tractor to a hydro post/fence post or chain it to your truck.Then go forward in low range and see if tires spin then try high range and see if the tractor will stall or spin out.If it does spin etc: then its more then likely in your control valve.Of course Next step would be a pressure test to see what pressure your getting out of your pump.Larry

#8 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 03:19 PM

I cannot switch lines since the one line will not fit without getting a reducing fitting The sizes are different. The tractor has plenty of torque.. it is something with the valve I believe. I will have to get the pressure checked by someone and or get a fitting to try the auxiliary valve.

#9 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 03:28 PM

I cannot switch lines since the one line will not fit without getting a reducing fitting The sizes are different. The tractor has plenty of torque.. it is something with the valve I believe. I will have to get the pressure checked by someone and or get a fitting to try the auxiliary valve.

All the fittings should be #6 JIC male coming out the valve with steel lines attached to them.

#10 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 03:37 PM

Does your Aux valve do anything /do you have the 3pth if so does it work, can you stand on it and will it lift you????

When you have the pressure checked the charge pump pressure is 900 -1000 psi.Do not exceed.What will happen if you exceed is you'll start to shear the little pin that drives the pump,then of course you'll get some piece's of metal that will more then likely score your pump.Again keep us informed as to what you find out.Larry

Edited by olcowhand, June 30, 2011 - 04:12 PM.
fixed quote

#11 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 07:51 PM

My tractor does not have the 3 pt. hitch option. There is no lines connected to the Aux. Valve. There are two plugs in the inlet/outlet. The one plug is larger than the other and different sized from the mid lift valve. I am pretty sure it is in this valve that the problem lies. The mid lift valve just does not feel right. It does not spring back to neutral and no pressure when lifted. When I switch the handle to the aux. valve the valve operateds normal in terms of equal pressure forward/back from neutral possition. I just will have to find a reducer fitting to move the pressure lines from Mid to aux to see if that is the problem.

#12 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 08:24 PM

I am pretty sure it is in this valve that the problem lies. The mid lift valve just does not feel right. It does not spring back to neutral and no pressure when lifted. When I switch the handle to the aux. valve the valve operateds normal in terms of equal pressure forward/back from neutral possition. .

Sounds like you have a problem with your valve as it should come back to center or neutral.Kinda got me to wondering if maybe something broke inside.Larry

#13 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for you help. I am new to this tractor but love it. I am on the search for a snowblower as I know they are hard to find. I will let you know if switching valves works.

Thanks again,

Mike

#14 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted July 07, 2011 - 10:13 AM

Update. I got the fittings to move the lines to the aux. valve. The deck lifts. Therefor the problem is in my mid lift valve. I will eventually have to get that rebuilt somehow or find another. Thanks for you help.

Mike

#15 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted July 07, 2011 - 11:33 AM

Glad to hear you have it working.When you do get to taking the valve apart let us know what you find what the problem is/was.Larry