• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,113 Thanks
  • 2,820 posts

Posted November 20, 2017 - 08:35 AM

I usually get the coated steel line, haven't tried the copper nickel stuff yet. I was glad they finally came out with something better than bare steel line when the coated stuff came out.
Last one (mom's car) I did is a 98 intrepid. I wish she'd dump it. Not that bad of a car until the underside decided to eat itself in rust.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#17 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 2,034 Thanks
  • 1,045 posts

Posted November 20, 2017 - 08:58 AM

I usually get the coated steel line, haven't tried the copper nickel stuff yet. I was glad they finally came out with something better than bare steel line when the coated stuff came out.
Last one (mom's car) I did is a 98 intrepid. I wish she'd dump it. Not that bad of a car until the underside decided to eat itself in rust.

Copper ones cost more, but they bend so much easier so if you have any tight areas you will be glad you spent the extra buck or two. 

I have heavily undercoated my car and every time I go into inspection they always scratch off my coating on the lines and say oh they are copper and move on to something else.

• boyscout862 and dodge trucker have said thanks

#18 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,113 Thanks
  • 2,820 posts

Posted November 20, 2017 - 04:02 PM

What I hate the most is those that nag and those who lay the guilt trip if you don't jump right onto their requests.
  • Bob E said thank you

#19 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,974 Thanks
  • 2,119 posts

Posted November 20, 2017 - 11:42 PM

I've had people ask, answer is always no, liability, people not paying, and having too much to work on already play into this.

#20 4tom OFFLINE  

4tom
  • Member No: 73635
  • 112 Thanks
  • 134 posts

Posted November 21, 2017 - 11:57 AM

Shop around. There are companies that will bend stainless brake lines, but they are more expensive and can be difficult to install because they don't bend as easy. I can't recommend anyone but when I was playing with an old car I saw a number of ads for them

#21 Bob E OFFLINE  

Bob E
  • Member No: 85024
  • 108 Thanks
  • 87 posts

Posted November 21, 2017 - 01:26 PM

I don't even like working on things for relatives. Mine only show up after they buy the biggest worn out, broke down, parts missing piece of rust they can find. Expecting me to be able to just tweak a few screws and turn it into a new machine for little or no monetary investment.

Edited by Bob E, November 21, 2017 - 01:26 PM.

• dodge trucker said thank you

#22 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 2,013 Thanks
  • 1,339 posts

Posted November 21, 2017 - 02:52 PM

the only way to stop that is to charge for labor comparable to what the shops charge. If they still want you to do it, atleast you make some money on the deal. Either way, they probably wont come back

• boyscout862 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad neighbor, jd 318, refresh