• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Keith OFFLINE  

Tim Keith
  • Member No: 88921
  • 10 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 18, 2017 - 10:26 PM

What transmission does the LGT 100 use ?    Does the right angle drive gearbox cause troubles?   This model is a 4 speed non hydrostatic.   Overall, it looks like a sturdy garden tractor..

#2 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 1,410 Thanks
  • 1,551 posts

Posted November 19, 2017 - 07:36 AM

Welcome...I have an LGT100 also, great machines.....Pretty sure it's a Peerless trans. I have had no trouble with mine, use it mainly for tilling.

015 (Small).JPG

#3 Tim Keith OFFLINE  

Tim Keith
  • Member No: 88921
  • 10 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 19, 2017 - 01:00 PM

It's in the Peerless 2300 series.  The LGT 100 I'm interested in has the closed sides.  tt is missing the pulley on the tight angle gearbox.

#4 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 8,193 Thanks
  • 3,952 posts

Posted November 19, 2017 - 04:01 PM

Great tractor. I have one. I use mine for planting potatoes and other potatoe patch jobs.

Noel

#5 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,862 Thanks
  • 3,399 posts

Posted November 20, 2017 - 06:29 AM

They are a REAL witch to work on but they sure do pull good! We use one for pulling transfer sled and stone boat and it pulls! And that right-angle drive is just fine. Find your self the correct pulley for it and it will make yoy an AWSOME machine!

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,323 Thanks
  • 44,896 posts

Posted November 20, 2017 - 07:07 AM

The pulley is part # JAC330519. New Holland wants $48.22 for it.

#7 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 8,193 Thanks
  • 3,952 posts

Posted November 20, 2017 - 01:42 PM

Kenny, does it give the sizes of that pulley, mostly the diameter. I find reverse to fast on my lgt 100, would like to slow it down, and figured if I put a smaller pulley on the 90 degree gear box, I could slow it down that way, it would also change forward gears too, but not worried about those.

Noel

• KennyP said thank you

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,323 Thanks
  • 44,896 posts

Posted November 20, 2017 - 02:17 PM

Kenny, does it give the sizes of that pulley, mostly the diameter. I find reverse to fast on my lgt 100, would like to slow it down, and figured if I put a smaller pulley on the 90 degree gear box, I could slow it down that way, it would also change forward gears too, but not worried about those.

Noel

No sizes! I would have posted them if there were!

• propane1 said thank you

#9 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 1,410 Thanks
  • 1,551 posts

Posted November 20, 2017 - 06:10 PM

Interesting thought.....I find the reverse a bit fast too. I also never use 4th, so slowing the forward gears would be OK too....a bit slower on the creeper gear for tilling. 

#10 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,862 Thanks
  • 3,399 posts

Posted December 01, 2017 - 08:31 AM

Only issue with slowing dpwn input speed is you need to use a higher gear to attain a normal speed. This is not alwaus a good thing because the faster you go the weaker the gearing is to handle the heavier loads. This is why the pulling guys actually put on larger pulleys, and it also gives you more belt traction.
I think normal yard work would be fine lowering the input speed.
The weak points of these transmissions are shift forks and axles. The gears are pretty tough just dont be a hero and think you can power shift it LOL it will split gears right in half. Dont ask..... it wasnt me just for the record...

#11 FixItCharlie OFFLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • Member No: 47950
  • 503 Thanks
  • 326 posts

Posted December 01, 2017 - 11:01 PM

I have found one problem with my LGT 100 & the 90 degree gear box. I keep shearing the woodruff key off at the drive shaft coupling. The adapter for the driveshaft is connected with a bolt that screw into the shaft on the 90 degree gear box. Behind the brass bushing in the adapter is a washer that seems to wedge in for holding the adapter on to the shaft of the 90 degree gear box. On my tractor it has loosen enough to allow the adapter to slide on the shaft. The slot in the adapter has worn enough that woodruff keys would just break. I think I have a fix for this problem. I have drilled & tapped the adapter for 2 3/8-16 set screws. One set screw will clamp into the slot for the woodruff key on the 90 degree gear box. The second is closer to the other end of the shaft. Spinning it seems to be true but have yet to put back on the tractor for testing. Some time next week I should be able to put together for testing. I do have more free time now.

Charlie

• KennyP said thank you