7 replies to this topic

#1 Maybeacub OFFLINE  

Maybeacub
  • Member No: 88436
  • 3 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 16, 2017 - 11:33 AM

Hey All,

I'm interested in the 3 pt hitch arms and top link for an Ariens GT16. I have no idea what they should look like so hard to know when I find them! Does anyone have or can they take pics so I know what the proper arms should look like?

Thanks

Greg

#2 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 678 Thanks
  • 851 posts

Posted November 16, 2017 - 09:16 PM

I may have a set of arms on a GT18 parts tractor. I know there isn't a top link.   I'll have to look when I get out there this weekend.

#3 warren OFFLINE  

warren
  • Member No: 48223
  • 57 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted November 17, 2017 - 07:11 AM

Greg,  Check out the manuals on this site.  The 1st one gives directions to make your own and the 2d is the manual for the original ariens arms.  The set that I have look exactly like the ariens ones.  Were on a GT18 that I'd bought,

#4 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 678 Thanks
  • 851 posts

Posted November 19, 2017 - 10:50 PM

I may have a set of arms on a GT18 parts tractor. I know there isn't a top link.   I'll have to look when I get out there this weekend.

I did see them as I was passing by but didn't get a chance to take a pic.  I'll try to get to it in the next couple days.  Sorry.

#5 Maybeacub OFFLINE  

Maybeacub
  • Member No: 88436
  • 3 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the info guys. I downloaded the specs and just might try to make them as a free time project.

#6 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 4,985 Thanks
  • 5,036 posts

Posted November 23, 2017 - 09:31 AM

What I have on the Gravely 18H.
1123170912.jpg

#7 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,130 Thanks
  • 2,845 posts

Posted November 23, 2017 - 10:06 AM

looks almost like the sleeve hitch I have here for one of mine, basically a sleeve hitch is a "2 point" hitch missing the center  top link.

I got my sleeve hitch from a guy an hour away that advertised a GT18 part out on CL, it is a "real" Ariens setup, not home made.   was wanting to make another one, copying those arms but I have seen several people talk about a Cat 0, 3 point  setup actually marketed for a Kubota, for around $60  that they are happy with,

for $60 I don't think I could buy the pivots to build my own like members such as Wm McNett have shown that they have done.... I mean great job done there, but one of those instances where a whole unit can be bought for less than the cost of parts, plus the time it takes

#8 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 4,985 Thanks
  • 5,036 posts

Posted November 23, 2017 - 10:11 AM

DT, if your tech support is around. I would like to see a pic of the Ariens sleeve hitch. I hope to make one some time and would like more than a diagram in a manual to go off of.