Garden Tractor Forums banner

Simplicity Model D

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jimmy G 
#1 ·
I believe this is a Model D. Am I correct? If so, what attachment is currently on it? Looks just like a stand.

Thank you!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks like a B to me, more pics will help, ser. No.s off engine and gear case (behind wheel) will correctly date it, just looking I'm thinking 43-47, i think the D is 48-49 with multiple speeds, the tool bar looks to be later, the tool guide looks correct, agree with sod cutter
Here is a look at the numbers I could easily find. What do they mean?

Attachments

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Top two are, type (left) ser no. (Right), bottom two are valve clearance, intake and exhaust, look for 1 1/2 hp. Briggs and Stratton ser. No's between 44-47 (the B&S site for this is a quick hit), this also could be the ward's version (Hoe-Trac) 44-46, ward's had their own tag and no's on engine's it used, the ser. no on gear case was shared by Simplicity and wards. Had to edit cus i messed up the top no's (corrected), the model no. is missing but should be a N, ser.no. indicate's Dec. 45 which makes your tractor a 46, the I.D plate is screwed on which leads me to believe it's a Hoe-Trac

#7 ·
Top two are, type (left) ser no. (Right), bottom two are valve clearance, intake and exhaust, look for 1 1/2 hp. Briggs and Stratton ser. No's between 44-47 (the B&S site for this is a quick hit), this also could be the ward's version (Hoe-Trac) 44-46, ward's had their own tag and no's on engine's it used, the ser. no on gear case was shared by Simplicity and wards. Had to edit cus i messed up the top no's (corrected), the model no. is missing but should be a N, ser.no. indicate's Dec. 45 which makes your tractor a 46, the I.D plate is screwed on which leads me to believe it's a Hoe-Trac
Are the tires for this machine still available anywhere? I'm guessing that is unlikely. They are Wards Riverside Power Grip 4.00-12 tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.