• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,770 Thanks
  • 44,554 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 04:53 PM

This my 69th Fall to see. A sad time of year for me to see all the leaves on the ground. I love the Spring and Summer as things are thriving, albeit weeds and such. And I hate cold weather! But, it's that time of year again. Close to Thanksgiving and Christmas will soon follow. Not sure why I feel saddened by the falling leaves, maybe it's the sadness for those who have left before me. I know I miss all my family. They passed way too soon. But I have you folks that I have adopted as my family. That's why you see me on here so much.

Yes, I have my children and grandkids. But I enjoy the things you folks bring into my life every day. And I feel for you when things go wrong in your life.

Let's all pray and cross our fingers I am still here next year.

I love all you folks! Thanks to the original staff for giving me the opportunity to be a Mod here! I'll carry on for as long as I can!

• DH1, Gtractor, grnspot110 and 33 others have said thanks

#2 Mark 149 J. OFFLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,775 Thanks
  • 1,046 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 05:18 PM

I can certainly understand how you feel about the fall and the loss of family and loved ones.

I enjoy seeing what projects you work on as well and I've learned a lot from them as well.  

Keep up the great work!

Edited by Mark 149 J., November 15, 2017 - 10:16 AM.

• grnspot110, KennyP, MFDAC and 2 others have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,770 Thanks
  • 44,554 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 05:22 PM

I can certainly understand how you feel about the fall and the loss of family and loved ones.

I enjoy seeing what projects to work on as well and I've learned a lot from them as well.  

Keep up the great work!

I will as long long as the good Lord is willing! He has a plan for me, I just haven't figured it out yet!

• Gtractor, grnspot110, MFDAC and 3 others have said thanks

#4 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 3,579 Thanks
  • 2,716 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 05:37 PM

Well I for one am glad you're here. Happy Birthday !! Thanks for all the hard work you do here. I agree about the extended family. We sometimes have more in common with each than we do with our families. I haven't had the same loss as you in life , but I miss the ones I've lost too. God does have a plan for all of us, he's just slow to show his hand sometimes. 

I hope to hear all about how it feels for you to be 70 next year.  :D  :D  God willing of course. 

Kenny, glad to be part of your extended family. Tom

• Alc, KennyP, MFDAC and 5 others have said thanks

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,770 Thanks
  • 44,554 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 05:45 PM

Well I for one am glad you're here. Happy Birthday !! Thanks for all the hard work you do here. I agree about the extended family. We sometimes have more in common with each than we do with our families. I haven't had the same loss as you in life , but I miss the ones I've lost too. God does have a plan for all of us, he's just slow to show his hand sometimes. 

I hope to hear all about how it feels for you to be 70 next year.  :D  :D  God willing of course. 

Kenny, glad to be part of your extended family. Tom

It took a little thinking back, but Sunday would have been my Dad's birthday. Maybe that's the reason for some of this sadness. I miss him a lot. He passed in June of 1970. I got back from Nam in Sept 69. He was a hell of a good man!

• grnspot110, MFDAC, boyscout862 and 6 others have said thanks

#6 ShotgunWedding ONLINE  

ShotgunWedding

Garlic Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 84933
  • 404 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 05:57 PM

Hey Kenny, you are a part of what makes this community work.  You are the glue that keeps the whole train running smoothly down the track and allows for flexibility in the bumps that occur.  Without you, this site wouldn't be the same.  So....don't go anywhere dude!!!!!  We love you too much and need you.

And if God or anyone else has plans for you, tell them to put in on hold!!!!!!!!!

• grnspot110, KennyP, MFDAC and 5 others have said thanks

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,770 Thanks
  • 44,554 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 06:08 PM

Hey Kenny, you are a part of what makes this community work.  You are the glue that keeps the whole train running smoothly down the track and allows for flexibility in the bumps that occur.  Without you, this site wouldn't be the same.  So....don't go anywhere dude!!!!!  We love you too much and need you.

And if God or anyone else has plans for you, tell them to put in on hold!!!!!!!!!

I hope and pray to hang out here for some time! You folks bring joy to my life!

• grnspot110, MFDAC, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#8 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,176 Thanks
  • 5,944 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 06:49 PM

Some people are more affected by fall than others. My wife is one that is while I on the other hand see it as an opportunity to start working on all of the projects that were acquired during the summer.  

Can't imagine a GTT without a Kenny!  :(

PS.

I'm not far behind you, 67 times fall has arrived. 

• grnspot110, KennyP, MFDAC and 4 others have said thanks

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,770 Thanks
  • 44,554 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 06:56 PM

Some people are more affected by fall than others. My wife is one that is while I on the other hand see it as an opportunity to start working on all of the projects that were acquired during the summer.  

Can't imagine a GTT without a Kenny!  :(

PS.

I'm not far behind you, 67 times fall has arrived. 

For me, projects slow during the Fall & Winter. No good space to do the work! And I love being outside. Hard to do when the temps fall.

• grnspot110, Cvans, MFDAC and 5 others have said thanks

#10 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 1,378 Thanks
  • 815 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the heartfelt post, Kenny, it's neat to hear how GTT has been an inspiration of enjoyment in your life as of late. Many visit simply for the technical aspects while others, like yourself, also come for the friendship. Thank you for all that you do here; your passion and kindness always show and I know many here enjoy your company too and consider you a friend. Relating the fallen leaves to those who have passed is an interesting and understandable analogy. As they say, "when there is death, there is life." It sounds like you may have faith so take heart that your loved ones may be in a better place where you will one day reunite with them forever. Enjoy life, being with your grandchildren, and the blessings GTT has brought forth into your life. :thumbs:

Austen

He has a plan for me, I just haven't figured it out yet!

God does have a plan for all of us, he's just slow to show his hand sometimes.

Amen, and agreed. I claim this all the time.

Edited by Austen, November 14, 2017 - 07:23 PM.

• grnspot110, KennyP, drbish and 5 others have said thanks

#11 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,113 Thanks
  • 1,315 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 07:19 PM

You let us know if it ever gets cold down there  :smilewink:  

Friday am passing through English River On 

• grnspot110, KennyP, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#12 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,113 Thanks
  • 1,315 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 07:20 PM

You let us know if it ever gets cold down there  :smilewink:  

Friday am passing through English River On to rescue trailer from froze up unit

Attached Thumbnails

• fullsizeoutput_4b1.jpeg

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#13 EricR OFFLINE  

EricR
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9495
  • 577 Thanks
  • 373 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 07:39 PM

It took a little thinking back, but Sunday would have been my Dad's birthday. Maybe that's the reason for some of this sadness. I miss him a lot. He passed in June of 1970. I got back from Nam in Sept 69. He was a hell of a good man!

Mr.P, as of late I to have had some sadness, (ok for 29 years) I lost my Grandfather and I still am having problems dealing with it but he is the one that got me into garden tractors and I am greatfull... 

• grnspot110, KennyP, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#14 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 1,297 Thanks
  • 1,467 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 07:56 PM

Kenny I appreciate you and truly enjoy your posts on GTT You just keep up the good work here. I too get sad in the fall because it starts getting cold and i will be trapped inside.

• grnspot110, KennyP, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#15 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,948 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 09:17 PM

I tend to be saddened some by fall also, no real reason why. Maybe it's because I've had to work out in the winter darn near all my life and I'm getting tired of it---LOL! It's 9 years and 11 months since my Dad passed, so December has a certain sadness too.

I'm obviously not the hard-core collector or tractor restorer but this site is one of the most positive attitudes of any forum type website I've ever been on.

Kenny, you are the biggest influence keeping it that way! As you said the original management started a good thing and it is still hanging in there well in my opinion largely due to your efforts to keep the old "feel" of the place even through the changes. The members here are a reflection of the mods and that speaks for itself!

Thanks Kenny!

DAC

• grnspot110, KennyP, Cvans and 4 others have said thanks