4 replies to this topic

#1 Wheelboy OFFLINE  

Wheelboy

• Member No: 7780
  • 23 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 04:40 PM

Hello,

I recently bought a 1975 C100 wheelhorse with tiller and mowing deck. How do I attach the tiller to the rear? Do I have all the pieces needed to do so?
Attached pics of the tiller and serial and rear of tractor.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7208.JPG
  • IMG_7217.JPG
  • IMG_7211.JPG

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 Deerefarmer41 OFFLINE  

Deerefarmer41
  • Member No: 10761
  • 77 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 09:21 PM

Looks like you have the important parts. Having to think a little, sold mine about 6 years ago or so. What a big mistake to do that. Looks like you are missing a chain that goes from the tractor to the tiller and also a heavy spring that helps to lift the tiller. The hard part installing mine was closing the two levers to lock the tiller at the attachment point. Will go they all my old books and see if can find the one that came with the tiller. Have not seen it for quite a while. Loved that tiller, one time I should not have listened to the better half.

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,602 Thanks
  • 7,906 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 09:26 PM

You have double pulley on trans drive for it? Some drive that way. Not sure if that big pin is loose and replaces one on tractor case now holding that hitch. Would think maybe manuals on here if one for tiller will show the mounting. Most likely the tractor manual shows no attachments. Might check to be sure.

#4 Deerefarmer41 OFFLINE  

Deerefarmer41
  • Member No: 10761
  • 77 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 12:05 AM

Correct on the belt running all the way under the tractor to the bottom of the motor. Mine had a diagram on the tiller showing how it was to be routed. Mine was mounted on a 364-6 and a 365-H. (think it was a 365 anyway). Actually liked it best on the gear driven tractor, except the shift lever was a weak spot.

#5 MolonLabe OFFLINE  

MolonLabe

Rust Wrangler

• Member No: 59683
  • 551 Thanks
  • 320 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 04:50 PM

Here is what one looks like mounted, this is on my 416-8 and yours will be the same. You are going to need the mid-mount idler pulleys and spring that mount to the attach-matic brackets to route and tension the belt.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_1194.JPG