• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GNGREN OFFLINE  

GNGREN
  • Member No: 86701
  • 2 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 03:31 PM

Hello all. New to Forum here. Have a question. I have an LGT16D that I recently acquired earlier this year.  I am trying to mount the snow thrower on it and have run into a small issue. I am missing the part# BER657441 for the subframe/quick hitch. As such I can't lift the dang thing. I tried Messick's but they can not get it for me. I have no problem trying to make one myself. If anyone out there has one that can take a few measurements for me that would help a great deal. I am trying to attach a picture I found on google that was from a post on this site from a few years ago (not sure if it will work) with the bar circled. If possible I need a total length of the rod from where it attaches to the subframe to where it attaches to the rock shaft, and about how far it is between the holes at each end, as well as if the end that mounts to the rock shaft is slotted or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-10445-0-38545400-1365891482.jpg

#2 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,861 Thanks
  • 3,399 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 04:19 AM

Cant help you on the length of it but the end in question is slotted.
That piece looks to be 3/4" od 1/8"+ wall mechanical tube? That piece needs to be rugged.
  • GNGREN said thank you

#3 GNGREN OFFLINE  

GNGREN
  • 2 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 08:03 AM

Thanks I was pretty sure it was slotted, but wanted another opinion. I stopped by a local TSC and fabbed up a quick bar from what I could find but I am short on length so it only will raise about 3/8ths to 1/2" off the ground. It was just enough to get it all lined up and have it mounted and let me make sure it is working. I am going to stop by again tonight and get one of their stouter turn buckles and see if I can get the length figured out and if it will raise it further. At the moment I have it pinned at the rock shaft and an open loop at the subframe pivot for play.

#4 GNGREN OFFLINE  

GNGREN
  • 2 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 08:25 AM

Think I found what I needed... I had downloaded a couple wrong manuals before the original posted question and couldn't download the correct ones. I was able to find the snow thrower manual searching for 14D instead of 16D stuff. It had the length in it for the lift bar (approximately 21") So will be able to replicate it.

Thanks, Tony

• KennyP and gksyn have said thanks

#5 gksyn OFFLINE  

gksyn
  • Member No: 83585
  • 72 Thanks
  • 82 posts

Posted November 26, 2017 - 07:46 PM

Think I found what I needed... I had downloaded a couple wrong manuals before the original posted question and couldn't download the correct ones. I was able to find the snow thrower manual searching for 14D instead of 16D stuff. It had the length in it for the lift bar (approximately 21") So will be able to replicate it.

Thanks, Tony

Tony, if you still need help, let me know.
I’m the one who uploaded the manual and have the implement. Good luck getting yours up to snuff!
  • GNGREN said thank you

#6 GNGREN OFFLINE  

GNGREN
  • 2 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted November 27, 2017 - 09:28 AM

Tony, if you still need help, let me know.
I’m the one who uploaded the manual and have the implement. Good luck getting yours up to snuff!

Thank you.

What I was able to cobble together lets me raise and lower it about 5-8 inches off the ground. I used some square box tubing and 1/8th" plate for the bar. I had to do a total guess on the slotted section though. That I have to tweak a bit yet, as I think i have it a bit too long and I think I have too much material between the end and the slot. From the manual it seemed the slot need to be offset to one side so it could be set as float or non-float with the addition of a pin? If you have easy access I could use a picture of that slotted end of the bar with a tape measure in the shot so I can scale the dimensions? If it is a hassle no worries, what I have will get the job done.

I will post some pictures once I get it dialed in and cleaned up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 16d