• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,719 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 05:28 PM

I have said this several times before, but have to say it again. Thank you GT Talk for being a great forum. It can be the greatest if more would support the featured tractor voting and my little birthday thread. Simple little things to do, yet most of you seem to not care. I keep trying to figure out how to get your attention to these items, but have failed miserably it seems. Are folks just that indifferent to these things? Would you show more support if it was your tractor or birthday in the thread? Come on guys, support the forum all the way. Check new posts that don't show under What's New. I hardly ever use that as I miss too many threads that don't show there.
Thanks for letting me vent. Just seems a little upsetting to me.
  • bhts and scrapiron have said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 05:55 PM

Kenny, I been trying to get voters to vote on featured tractor by ruffling feathers. I can't say its working or that it isn't, but I have a feeling it is working to some degree. Now, birthday thread, I don't post in it, just read it from time to time. I too have to thank the GTTalk team for keeping us all busy here so we forget that we have real lives. :bigrofl:

If you guys are as addicted to this place as me you too will see the value in supporting the site, it is the best thanks you can give. Actions always speak louder than words.

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,719 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 06:00 PM

Casey, don't you like someone to wish you a Happy Birthday? I do. And I'm sure lots more out there do. Quit reading and reply.

Got to say this. If you are truly a site supporter, then support the whole site. Do the little things than can make a difference to maybe only a few. That's why I took up the birthday banner. I like to be wished a happy birthday by a stranger. How did he/she know, someone took the time to post it. Just my way to say thanks to ALL the members of this site.

Edited by KennyP, June 29, 2011 - 06:14 PM.

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 06:08 PM

Casey, don't you like someone to wish you a Happy Birthday? I do. And I'm sure lots more out there do. Quit reading and reply.

Doesn't matter to me, I list my birthday slightly different than actual for security reasons. It is nice to have it acknowledged yes, but will I lose sleep if it's forgotten, probably not cause if I wasn't reminded every year I might forget it myself. :bigrofl:

#5 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 09:46 PM

Casey I think that you're missing the point here. I think that it's a great thing that you're doing with the Birthday list. I have posted to it a few times, but I admit I've missed quite a few lately. I also vote for the tractor of the month every month! My choices never win, but that's OK with me. Thanks for stepping up to the plate Kenny!
  • KennyP said thank you

#6 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:11 PM

Kennyp thank you for the info i never knew there was a thread for birthdays.I will try to check it out. I do always vote for the tractor of the month and will add one from time to time.
  • KennyP said thank you

#7 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:14 PM

Keep plugging away Kenny. You have the right idea about getting members involved. It is amazing what it takes to get some folks to participate.
  • KennyP said thank you

#8 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:48 PM

i guess it wouldn't hurt me to try to be a bit more active here. but i would like to mention that some guys don't have the time to read and respond to each and every thread. heck i don't have the time to read half the threads, so i browse through them and when i see something of interest or something i'm knowledgable on i read it and reply if i have something to add. i think it's great you're trying to get people involved, just be careful you don't try too hard. my .02
  • KennyP said thank you

#9 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:53 PM

Ok, I did a search for "birthday" and it took me to a thread and I wished everyone a happy birthday.....my question is, how do you know who's birthday it is? I admit, I'm a ROOKIE.
  • KennyP said thank you

#10 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 11:15 PM

Ronny, At the bottom of the main forrum page there a line that says- Todays Birthdays.. It's right below who's online.

Kenny, You keep up the GREAT work you are doing, maybe one of these days we'll figure out how to get more members involved. THANK YOU KENNY !!!!

Edited by Texas Deere and Horse, June 29, 2011 - 11:22 PM.
spelling errors

• tinner and KennyP have said thanks

#11 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 02:30 AM

Casey I think that you're missing the point here. I think that it's a great thing that you're doing with the Birthday list. I have posted to it a few times, but I admit I've missed quite a few lately.

I miss a few things Steve. I know I don't get it all, but I try to help people with problems, I just see the birthday thread from time to time and forget to look through it. I usually click it and then get distracted by all the balloons lol. I admit, I'm not the best person to wish people a happy birthday thru the internet, but you can ask Dale just how crazy I am when there is a bold move to be made on someone's wife's birthday, and there is a phone call involved. :bigrofl:
Ask yourself if you want me calling you after midnight to sing you the happy bday song. :bigrofl:

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,719 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 04:23 PM

Well, I took a small hiatus from here to think thru what I feel is important. Looking thru what seems important at the moment is good. But, I have had the birthday thread going for some time and I know 90% of you have come across it. Yet you chose not to stop for a few moments. The guy you didn't acknowledge may be the one with the info you seek.
The featured tractor thread has been notorious for non voting of members. As I stated there, it is the only place to vote that won't raise your taxes. Exercise that freedom. We have over 1100 active members, yet we are lucky to get over the 100 mark. Something is wrong here.
Folks take a more active part of this great forum. Don't just check in to see what you can get from here. Leave something that helps others. The person you wish a happy birthday to may be having a very bad day. Give a little more and take a little less.
That's my stand. If you aren't in agreement, sound off. But a great forum is where there is more give than take.
  • NUTNDUN, Bolens 1000, caseguy and 1 other said thanks

#13 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 04:30 PM

I hate to say it but that is the way it usually is no matter where you go. Just like with the manuals, we get 20 + new members a day, the majority to download a manual or two and never be heard from. Some members are just lurkers and will never post. You will always have the participating active members and the non participating active members. I like the birthday thread as well. I haven't been on much the past couple of days because I have been working on getting something together for a server so I can setup automatic off site backups for the website's server which will free up some of my time. :D
  • KennyP said thank you

#14 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,719 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 04:44 PM

George, I feel you are very correct. So many get on just to get what they need at the moment with no regard to what else is going on. Too much ME. Folks need to give more, not just take. Maybe I am being a little over-sensitive, but I felt a stand needed to be taken. I am so thankful for the friendship and acceptance I have gotten here. All the 'regular' folk are great people. If I have opened a few more eyes, then I feel my rant was successful.

#15 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 04:47 PM

Kenny, Don't let it get you down. It can be very frustrating to only get the same few dedicated members to be involved, I know how you feel from some of the things I've tried here. We can only do so much, and be happy with what we accomplish for the forum. That just my 2 cents worth...

Edited by Texas Deere and Horse, June 30, 2011 - 05:09 PM.

• MH81, caseguy and KennyP have said thanks