21 replies to this topic

#16 71mustangman OFFLINE  

71mustangman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 86696
  • 46 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 02:25 AM

yea my pulley was a pain also I removed however the pulley separated from the hub

• dodge trucker said thank you

#17 artbuc OFFLINE  

artbuc

• Member No: 1059
  • 77 Thanks
  • 169 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 04:36 AM

well its fubar'ed, went to have another go at it today, i left a couple of wedges stuck in there for a couple of days and no dice, spun it to see that it is now bent...
I stuck a 5/16" bolt in the end of the shaft and was hitting on it, had a couple of glancing blows catch the corner of the bolt head and I got the pulley instead the otherd ay when I 1st tried... so now its time to be cut off and I get to find another pulley... oh, joy.

Been there, done that. Enjoy your new pulley!

#18 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,120 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 08:24 AM

Gee thanks... Got an extra laying around?

#19 artbuc OFFLINE  

artbuc

• Member No: 1059
  • 77 Thanks
  • 169 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 11:44 AM

Gee thanks... Got an extra laying around?

Nope. Think I paid $67 2-3 years ago. After screwing with my old one for what seemed forever, I was happy to shell out $67.

#20 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,120 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 01:10 PM

Ok didn't think it would hurt to ask.
I have other things to get for it besides, but I'd bet that every one of those pulleys that they sell is on account of them getting screwed up on disassembly. I know I have read about a few others on here.

#21 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,120 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted December 10, 2017 - 11:45 AM

there is no such thing as a "cheap" unit around here on these things, parts or otherwise.

I did put a post up on the Yahoo group looking for parts,  and was offered one in Bryn Mawr PA...  appreciate the offer from the guy,  but map quest says "only" 12 hours away.... if any of you guys out east need parts, jump on this.... sounds like you guys are gonna need your blowers a lot sooner than us in the Midwest this year.... (it would be nice to get thru the  whole  winter not needing any snow removal equip.,   but I don't see that happening either, this is Chicagoland... )

#22 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,120 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted December 10, 2017 - 01:51 PM

well, its off finally.... since it got tweaked and now wobbles anyway I cut it off w/a 4-1/2" grinder, down to the hub. I cut as deep of slot as I could w/o gettin into the shaft with the grinder (I did nick it not bad enough to be any consequence)  then got the big torch out now that I had full access to the hub, then a ball joint fork and a 3 lb hand sledge and when it went it still popped loudly.... now to search for a new one.... 

I have my single stage blower for a Cub  up for sale as we speak,  so I can get this 2 stage blower up n functional....

Considering what I paid for the blower and tractor, and the fact that I have lots of usable parts on the tractor that came with it, I think I will come out alright once done...and I will know that this blower will essentially be brand new when done. Hope so anyways.....