#1 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,335 Thanks
  • 2,987 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 10:35 AM

Was looking for a Fuel stabilizer specifically designed for Small engines. A normal everyday fuel stabilizer does help but it's not designed for smaller Carburetors with a float bowl. Thus you will still get those corrosion lines and gunk buildup above the fuel in a carburetor.

Sta-Bil put this on the market last month. This looks VERY promising for us small engine peoples.

It's impossible to find in Auto parts stores but some dealers are starting to carry it. Our local Messick Farm Equipment dealers have it in stock but haven't found it any where else yet.  I'm anxious to get ahold of a 1 gallon jug. 1 8oz bottle treats 8 x 5 gallon gas containers.

https://www.goldeagl...engine-formula/

STA-BIL 360° Performance (Small Engine Formula)

• Ultimate protection against Ethanol blended fuels
  • Helps clean fuel system to improve performance
  • Helps prevent corrosion above and below the fuel line – where no other additive can!
  • Use in season and out of season
  • Stabilizes fuel up to 12 months
  • Size: 8 oz. bottle

More Information
The Next Level Of Performance Is In The Vapor.

STA-BIL 360˚®  PERFORMANCE™SMALL ENGINE is the only fuel treatment to emit a revolutionary vapor that rises above the fuel line to protect your engine where others can’t. Use it with every fill up to help keep your engine running cleaner, leaner, smoother and stronger.

Usage Directions:

To measure small quantities: Remove small cap & seal (on long neck) squeeze bottle to desired level, and pour. To measure large quantities: remove large cap & seal, pour (measurements on bottle side).

1oz. (30mL) treats 5 gallons (19L) of fuel. Recommended for use AT EVERY FILL UP in season for year round performance & protection. Product does not contain alcohol.

STA-BIL 360˚®  PERFORMANCE™SMALL ENGINE HELPS TAKE PERFORMANCE OVER THE TOP.
  • INCREASE POWER: Strip away carbon buildup, gum and varnish that can inhibit engine performance, and get the most out of your fuel by burning it more completely. Bring back the power your engine once knew.
  • CLEAN FUEL SYSTEM: Clear and prevent harmful gum, varnish and buildup throughout the combustion chamber and injectors.
  • PREVENT ETHANOL DAMAGE: Protect your entire fuel system against damaging rust and corrosion caused by moisture and ethanol fuels. An exclusive Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor rises above the fuel line to provide a protective coating on ALL the metal parts of the entire fuel system and combustion chamber, even when the engine is not running.

Edited by EricFromPa, November 10, 2017 - 10:47 AM.

• Alc, jms180, Cvans and 3 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,014 Thanks
  • 8,790 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 11:19 AM

My experience with stabilizers over the past 20+ years has generally been bad. I recommend Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas and run the engine out of gas before you put it away for awhile. Good Luck, Rick

• KennyP, Bill 76, MolonLabe and 1 other said thanks

#3 Bob White12 OFFLINE  

Bob White12
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 88445
  • 72 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 01:48 PM

I've seen that RoadKing did a video on that.  its looks pretty promising but will have to wait till next year to find out that ethanol crap though sure isn't good on engines though. Maybe ill try to get some of that one day if it ever comes to stores  

#4 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,398 Thanks
  • 9,749 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 01:57 PM

Not having pure gas (non-ethanol) available must really stink.

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Edited by Cat385B, November 10, 2017 - 01:59 PM.

• CRFarnsworth said thank you

#5 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,024 Thanks
  • 2,681 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 02:13 PM

yeh it does suck.... we have not had true 100% gas without ethanol avalaible in a long time.

• EricFromPa said thank you

#6 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,335 Thanks
  • 2,987 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 03:55 PM

I've been treating with Lucas Fuel stabilizer and injector cleaner for a few years and it works ok. I Still get some Water/Ethanol separation in a float bowl if it sets longer than a couple months but it isn't nearly as bad as just straight gas.

#7 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,398 Thanks
  • 9,749 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 10:59 AM

yeh it does suck.... we have not had true 100% gas without ethanol avalaible in a long time.

Don, I know you commute a ways, which direction from home do you go? The map lists the airports in Joliet and Paxton, plus a gas station in Forrest, which has ethanol free 87 octane.

#8 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,024 Thanks
  • 2,681 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 11:59 AM

I am right in between all of those, I am about an hour away from all of them, I commute south East for work, basically away from all of them.paxton would be closest to work but almost an hour SW From there.

used to work in Joliet, didn't know that you could buy fuel at an airport if you don't have a plane. All are too far away to make it worth going there just for a can of gas.

#9 speedbird OFFLINE  

speedbird
  • Member No: 8857
  • 279 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted November 12, 2017 - 01:03 PM

Here in Canada Shell says that their high test fuel doesn't  have ethanol in it. Another place to get ethanol free fuel is at a marina.

#10 coxhaus ONLINE  

coxhaus
  • Member No: 88903
  • 11 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted November 20, 2017 - 03:51 PM

I am going to look for this. I wonder if Walmart has it?  Guess I will look.

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,857 Thanks
  • 44,604 posts

Posted November 20, 2017 - 04:04 PM

I have to stay with the tried and true MMO or Seafoam. Plus I use non-ethanol gas.

• MolonLabe said thank you

#12 The Fife Plooman ONLINE  

The Fife Plooman
  • Member No: 54903
  • 1,568 Thanks
  • 296 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:52 AM

Hi I use this product on all my small  engines young and old seems to work you add x amount to your can of petrol

It is called Ethanol shield

I use it in my Stihl saws works well and use it in any other machines I useEthanol shield2520.jpg

• KennyP and MolonLabe have said thanks