• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BilliamT OFFLINE  

BilliamT
  • Member No: 88696
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 09:52 AM

Saw this one on Craigslist the other day and decided to go get it!  It's in good shape and the 375.00 I paid for it seems reasonable.  Anyway now, as the song says, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!snowblow2.JPG snowblow3.JPG

• Cvans and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 4,911 Thanks
  • 4,968 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 10:17 AM

That will be nice to have.
  • boyscout862 and BilliamT have said thanks

#3 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 604 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 10:26 AM

Better get it mounted and tested out before you start singing that song. :D

• boyscout862, Bill 76 and BilliamT have said thanks

#4 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,024 Thanks
  • 2,679 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 11:56 AM

though I really like the Ariens machines, that has always been their downfall IMHO. the cost of attachments and difficulty in finding them.

when I can find blowers for Cub Cadet for roughly 1/3 the cost of one for either of my Ariens, all day long... when one does come up for an Ariens, "yikes".....  I have 2 Ariens machines and an NH, would like to set one up as a dedicated snow eating machine, eventually.

A couple of years ago I found a guy on EPay that had a blower, factory weight box, cab, wheel weights and more for this series of Ariens in a package deal, only  like an hour and a 1/2 from me, and I bid what I thought was quite high at the time on the package, (I stopped around $550-ish and lost) which I am sure my wife is glad for that fact.... I take enough heat for spending what I do on these machines as it is (and as I am sure I cant be the only one here that can say that)  

• KennyP and BilliamT have said thanks

#5 BilliamT OFFLINE  

BilliamT
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 11:40 AM

Better get it mounted and tested out before you start singing that song. :D

You're right! My wife says that now that I have it, it won't snow enough to use it!

• KennyP said thank you

#6 BilliamT OFFLINE  

BilliamT
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 11:44 AM

though I really like the Ariens machines, that has always been their downfall IMHO. the cost of attachments and difficulty in finding them.

when I can find blowers for Cub Cadet for roughly 1/3 the cost of one for either of my Ariens, all day long... when one does come up for an Ariens, "yikes".....  I have 2 Ariens machines and an NH, would like to set one up as a dedicated snow eating machine, eventually.

A couple of years ago I found a guy on EPay that had a blower, factory weight box, cab, wheel weights and more for this series of Ariens in a package deal, only  like an hour and a 1/2 from me, and I bid what I thought was quite high at the time on the package, (I stopped around $550-ish and lost) which I am sure my wife is glad for that fact.... I take enough heat for spending what I do on these machines as it is (and as I am sure I cant be the only one here that can say that)  

You're not alone in taking heat for these purchases!  My wife only wants to know one thing... how much did this cost! Hopefully this is my last purchase for a long time. Unless I think I need a rototiller!  Can't see that happening though!

• KennyP said thank you

#7 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,302 Thanks
  • 1,535 posts

Posted November 12, 2017 - 09:39 AM

Thats one heck of a nice blower. I've been using the same style blower for 15 years now. When I bought it is was a older blower so it's a good stout blower and very heavy. The parts are still available at the Ariens dealers. I'v modified mine by putting bearing's onto each end of the main cross shaft rather then having to replace the bushings every year. It's never been on a Ariens tractor been on a Massey 1655 and a massey GC 2300 now it's used on a Kubota BX 2370-1 I keep it maintained and replace what it needs in order to keep it working. No regrets with it at all. Also have one for a parts machine in case. I've seen them go for very high prices out our way. $1500 to $2500 of course depending on the condition. So you got a good deal. Your pic does't show the belt cover or the crank handle. You will need the belt cover other wise snow will get on the belts and cause them to slip.

• BilliamT said thank you

#8 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,024 Thanks
  • 2,679 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 10:46 AM

You're right! My wife says that now that I have it, it won't snow enough to use it!

That's what you call insurance
  • BilliamT said thank you