• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Leonard VanCamp ONLINE  

Leonard VanCamp
  • Member No: 62684
  • 373 Thanks
  • 305 posts

Posted November 07, 2017 - 11:33 PM

I'm a Deere fan but I have one uncle with a Wheel Horse GT14 and one that had Sears SS12 and still has a SS14. All three are good stout built tractors.  I also have a relative that has a Bolens 1050, another good tractor.Big things to look at are parts availability and ease of maintenance. Older tractors are built better then newer stuff in my opinion.

• hislip33 said thank you

#17 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,537 Thanks
  • 722 posts

Posted November 08, 2017 - 09:16 AM

I like the older machine's ...with your budget you should be able to find a darn good machine. 

Ask here before you make a purchase , find out the ups and downs of anything you are looking at , before you buy . The people here will tell you what you need to know before you buy. Don't be in a hurry , make an informed decision.

• hislip33 said thank you

#18 hislip33 OFFLINE  

hislip33
  • Member No: 88811
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted November 08, 2017 - 07:56 PM

Thank you for all the replies and advice! I definitely think I have a better idea on what I should look into getting for a GT. I will keep posted on this thread with any additional questions and when I purchase my new GT! Thank You! 

#19 4tom OFFLINE  

4tom
  • Member No: 73635
  • 108 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted November 09, 2017 - 08:39 PM

Make sure any implements you want are locally available. Look on line for used tractors and attachments before you start buying. If a brand is popular in your area I would consider that brand. Everything needs repairs and or parts eventually. If they are common they may be more affordable, and there may be more help available. Good hunting