• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 firedudetl1 OFFLINE  

firedudetl1
  • Member No: 85281
  • 85 Thanks
  • 85 posts

Posted November 06, 2017 - 08:27 PM

again, just spending too much time on craigslist, but thanks for all the comments and information - shame if the guy is just trying to "flip" it, but "profit" rules for some people....

#17 tractorskipper OFFLINE  

tractorskipper
  • Member No: 25019
  • 272 Thanks
  • 212 posts

Posted November 06, 2017 - 09:03 PM

I'd consider that Bolens for maybe $2,000. People here want crazy prices for lawn/garden tractors.

https://detroit.crai...6376272904.html

I don't think there is, or ever was, a Craftsman made that is worth $4200!

• Gtractor and Z71 Sierra have said thanks

#18 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 1,297 Thanks
  • 494 posts

Posted November 07, 2017 - 10:04 AM

You hang with Barney E. or Norman R. very long and you are guaranteed to get sued.   :(

As far as Barney All I really know with him is he treats my wife and I real well ,Pays very well and has been good to us,I have only worked with him for a year though .Norman I have known and worked with for 10 years and yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He screwed his partner Larry over and got caught and we all walked away,He came and made amends we all went back,He since then has treated me and my wife well most of the time(Larry passed away a couple years ago) and pays us real well,His business dealings sometimes leave some with a bad taste in their mouth.And Norman is out for Norman but in this crazy business if you arent you wont be in business long! 2 things I will point out in Normans favor,1 He has gotten lots more "Legal" about how things are done,You cant believe the things people try to get us and Norman to do that are completely illegal and unethical,Norman has no tolerance for it anymore and will walk away from a sale because of it.2 If you want to sell real estate or really anything else ,NOBODY and really I mean NOBODY gets more money out of stuff then we do .I can say that very honestly with out bragging.It has of course some to do with the auctioneer but lots to do with how the sale is laid out and set up.Norma has a reputation this I know but I do know it is honestly changing,,,,,,Time will tell! :wave:

• Gtractor said thank you

#19 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 660 Thanks
  • 409 posts

Posted November 07, 2017 - 12:23 PM

Something funny going on with the tractor. It's now listed for $1200 with just the loader and there was a listing last night same pics with a price of $8600 (yes 8600 I didn't type it wrong) and that ad was really weird.  Description was along the lines of twin cylinder 8 horse kohler engine just rebuilt leaks oil everywhere and smokes like crazy steering has all new parts and is shot wobbles like crazy loader gone through with all new parts and cylinders are bent/seized/scored and he lost the key when he tried to help someone move dirt and it fell in a sinkhole  :(

#20 bonusbuilt1950 OFFLINE  

bonusbuilt1950
  • Member No: 82972
  • 432 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted November 07, 2017 - 09:09 PM

It has been on C/list off and on for a while now.......

#21 firedudetl1 OFFLINE  

firedudetl1
  • 85 Thanks
  • 85 posts

Posted November 09, 2017 - 08:29 AM

guessing the $8600 ad is someone with too much time on their hands.....

#22 firedudetl1 OFFLINE  

firedudetl1
  • 85 Thanks
  • 85 posts

Posted November 09, 2017 - 08:31 AM

also, who are Barney & Norman......? and how did they become part of this post.....?