#31 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 05:54 AM

Just so we are all on the same page.........

This is what is annoying me the most.

Doolee's for your lawn tractor--dual wheels for 12 inch | eBay

At least, this next Seller does not use the words "Lawn Tractor" in his listing and attempts to limit the usage to known GT's.

Cub Cadet, John Deere Bolens 12" Rim Dual Wheel Spacers - eBay (item 320720394818 end time Jun-29-11 11:41:30 PDT)

The first Seller is charging twice as much for his "kit" as the 2nd Seller and his product delivers less in the way of quality. How tough is it to make those? A Harbor Freight chop saw, Mig Welder and hand-crank rolling machine are about all the tools you need aside from a couple pairs of Vise-Grips. Threaded rod, nuts, washers and 1/4" flat bar of required width and you're off to the races making these kits.

Edited by hydriv, June 30, 2011 - 06:02 AM.

#32 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,323 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 11:34 AM

The first Seller is charging twice as much for his "kit" as the 2nd Seller and his product delivers less in the way of quality.

Hydrive, the 2nd set is plastic pipe, not steel.

#33 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 11:46 AM

Hydrive, the 2nd set is plastic pipe, not steel.

I guess that it comes down to how you define quality.

Seller number 2 has a product that won't rust..........ever. You don't have to paint it to protect it. Your chances of wrecking it in some way are pretty slim. For sure.......some plastics are problematic but spacers made from 3/4" thick high pressure water pipe are what I'd consider to be high quality. The thick plastic will likely have less of a damaging impact on the paint of the rims than 1/4" steel.

#34 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 01:44 PM

correct me if i'm wrong, but, i couldn't find anywhere that it says the spacers are plastic in the add. in fact i was in contact with this guy via email about a year or so ago and at that time he informed me that these spacers were cast iron pipe. that may have changed however.

#35 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 01:58 PM

correct me if i'm wrong, but, i couldn't find anywhere that it says the spacers are plastic in the add. in fact i was in contact with this guy via email about a year or so ago and at that time he informed me that these spacers were cast iron pipe. that may have changed however.

Since I'm the guy that put the link up..... I just sent him an e-mail asking him if the spacers are made out of cast, steel or plastic. If and when he replies, I'll post the info here.
  • MH81 said thank you

#36 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4377
  • 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 02:06 PM

:shoot3:I have no comment ... I'm just here to enjoy the show

#37 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 09:12 PM

Since I'm the guy that put the link up..... I just sent him an e-mail asking him if the spacers are made out of cast, steel or plastic. If and when he replies, I'll post the info here.

This is the gentleman that I know. The spacers ARE made of plastic and not steel or cast. I just wanna say Hydriv I do not disagree with you that these should not be used on a LT with 12" wheels as it would never hold up. We all know that here but joe blow box store shopper off the street possibly doesnt. I make no excuses for the way the posts are written but I beileve he is wording it so that Garden Tractors are assumed in the ad and Iwould pose this question to you. If the spacers were advertised as for a GT with 12" wheels and Mr. box store LT mower owner with 12" wheels decides he wants a pair because he knows he has 12" wheels whats to stop him from buying them and using them anyway? Not trying to argue with you here, but just seeing how I look at the ads.

For the record this seller is a straight up kinda guy. I know him personally and is someone I wouldnt think twice about trusting with my life or any other matter. His ad may not be worded exactly to your liking, but I can gaurantee he's not a fly by night guy thats just after a quick buck. And the tractor he uses these on is a 129 Cub Cadet with a Kwik-Way loader.

#38 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 09:44 PM

This is the gentleman that I know. The spacers ARE made of plastic and not steel or cast. I just wanna say Hydriv I do not disagree with you that these should not be used on a LT with 12" wheels as it would never hold up. We all know that here but joe blow box store shopper off the street possibly doesnt. I make no excuses for the way the posts are written but I beileve he is wording it so that Garden Tractors are assumed in the ad and Iwould pose this question to you. If the spacers were advertised as for a GT with 12" wheels and Mr. box store LT mower owner with 12" wheels decides he wants a pair because he knows he has 12" wheels whats to stop him from buying them and using them anyway? Not trying to argue with you here, but just seeing how I look at the ads.

For the record this seller is a straight up kinda guy. I know him personally and is someone I wouldnt think twice about trusting with my life or any other matter. His ad may not be worded exactly to your liking, but I can gaurantee he's not a fly by night guy thats just after a quick buck. And the tractor he uses these on is a 129 Cub Cadet with a Kwik-Way loader.

If you review my posts, you will discover that my problem wasn't with the gentleman you know. It was with the other Seller that constantly used the phrase "Lawn Tractors" throughout his ad. You friend did not use that phrase. I simply included his listing in my post so that others reading the thread could see both kits.

You have no argument from me regarding the scenario you pose. If your friend offers his product for GT's and some LT owner purchases them, then any problems that arise as a result of the Buyer ignoring the wording of the ad is the Buyer's problem, not the Seller's. However, the other Seller is deliberately enticing LT owners to buy his product by listing the benefits the kit will bring to the Buyer's life. That's the difference between the two Sellers. Your friend is a good-guy. Need I describe the other Seller?

#39 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted July 01, 2011 - 04:42 PM

If you review my posts, you will discover that my problem wasn't with the gentleman you know. It was with the other Seller that constantly used the phrase "Lawn Tractors" throughout his ad. You friend did not use that phrase. I simply included his listing in my post so that others reading the thread could see both kits.

You have no argument from me regarding the scenario you pose. If your friend offers his product for GT's and some LT owner purchases them, then any problems that arise as a result of the Buyer ignoring the wording of the ad is the Buyer's problem, not the Seller's. However, the other Seller is deliberately enticing LT owners to buy his product by listing the benefits the kit will bring to the Buyer's life. That's the difference between the two Sellers. Your friend is a good-guy. Need I describe the other Seller?

Nope, I believe we are on the same page.

#40 Mjoe7 OFFLINE  

Mjoe7
  • Member No: 9312
  • 172 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 04:49 AM

Who needs duals. Just go [-----------------------Wide----------------------]. :dancingbanana: :rocker: :D
rear226weights.jpg
Duals are over rated. :sleep:
All in good fun. & Interesting info.
oops... Old Thread. Sorry.

#41 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 09:07 AM

ahh, it's only a year old... NICE CASE by the way!
  • Mjoe7 said thank you

#42 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 06:31 AM

Hey Joe,good to see you over here.Welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.

I know you've been here awhile,but I just noticed.

Edited by mjodrey, August 17, 2012 - 06:32 AM.

• Mjoe7 said thank you

#43 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 06:53 AM