Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Need a deck for new Craftsman GT6000 (917.28867)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John harris OFFLINE  

John harris
  • Member No: 86591
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 02:39 PM

Hi,
I just picked up a new (to me) craftsman GT6000 with 30 hours on it. It looks like the day it left the factory and came with a dump trailer, disk and sleeve hitch but unfortunately no mowing deck. I have been looking everywhere for a part number for a deck. After a lot of looking, I managed to come up with what I think is the correct part number for the 54" deck that would have been supplied with the mower (197701). I found a deck on Craigslist that is almost new but I don't really want to spend 500 so my question is, are there other decks/part numbers that would work with my mower? I would be ok with down to a 48". If there are more options then I might be able to get one cheaper. I know I have seen mowers for under 100 that have blown engines.

Thank you.

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,869 Thanks
  • 44,614 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 04:22 PM

Hi,
I just picked up a new (to me) craftsman GT6000 with 30 hours on it. It looks like the day it left the factory and came with a dump trailer, disk and sleeve hitch but unfortunately no mowing deck. I have been looking everywhere for a part number for a deck. After a lot of looking, I managed to come up with what I think is the correct part number for the 54" deck that would have been supplied with the mower (197701). I found a deck on Craigslist that is almost new but I don't really want to spend 500 so my question is, are there other decks/part numbers that would work with my mower? I would be ok with down to a 48". If there are more options then I might be able to get one cheaper. I know I have seen mowers for under 100 that have blown engines.

Thank you.

If you were closer, I have a nice 54" deck that would fit under there!

#3 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 1,312 Thanks
  • 1,473 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 08:19 PM

place a wanted add on your local craigslist you may find one reasonable

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,869 Thanks
  • 44,614 posts

Posted November 03, 2017 - 05:43 AM

A Poulan Pro deck should fit, just get the hangers off the tractor with it.

#5 John harris OFFLINE  

John harris
  • Member No: 86591
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 03, 2017 - 11:26 AM

Yea it sounds like some Poulan and husqvarna models will be the same. Have the deck fittings or distance to the drive pully changed much over the years? Like would an older model craftsman/husquvarna/poulan 48" or 50" deck fit mine or would i have to just check each one to see if it fits? It would be nice if there was some kind of spec like the lug pattern on a wheel that you just match the spec and know fit. I guess that would make it all too easy :/
Thanks for the replies.
  • KennyP said thank you

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 35,869 Thanks
  • 44,614 posts

Posted November 03, 2017 - 01:58 PM

Hard to say what fits as those folks normally keep things similar, but throw a ringer once in a while.