• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ohiostate454 OFFLINE  

ohiostate454
  • Member No: 61878
  • 24 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 30, 2017 - 12:55 PM

So I typically hang out over in the bolens section or with the economies but I was offered a sweet deal on some tractor and now I have two wheel horses. The first one I paid 10$ for its a C141 with no motor or steering linkages. I plan on making the links from scratch and probably make them a little over kill in the process. If anyone has a picture of how they connect and some measurements that would be very helpful. This one I will try to find a 14hp kohler to put back in it and I might keep it. I have one question about it can I put a sleeve hitch on this tractor I don't have pictures of it since it is at my parents house since I was visiting them on vacation when I bought them. The other one is a 656 complete with mower deck. I guess it blew up one the guy one day when he was mowing. Paid 50 for it but it's way to small for me to use so I will either rebuild the motor and sell it as is or a complete restoration on it and sell it. I will probably be posting a lot on these as I go through them and get them running. Also scored a 1450 with deck from the same guy for 50 bucks as well complete but with a blown motor. My father in law restores cubs so I know what he is getting for Christmas. More pictures to come when they get dropped off at my house in a couple weeks.

Attached Thumbnails

• 8761.jpeg
  • 20171029_150616.jpg

• jhn9840, KennyP, CRFarnsworth and 1 other said thanks

#2 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 5,240 Thanks
  • 4,622 posts

Posted October 30, 2017 - 05:13 PM

Well,  :welcometogttalk:   We are all over the place, aren't we!

#3 ohiostate454 OFFLINE  

ohiostate454
  • Member No: 61878
  • 24 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 30, 2017 - 05:43 PM

I don't want to short my self with just one brand haha

#4 TravelinJavelin ONLINE  

TravelinJavelin
  • Member No: 84768
  • 125 Thanks
  • 217 posts

Posted November 01, 2017 - 05:41 AM

you will find the wheel horses are some of the easiest tractors to work on ......that 656 is on the rare side of things too but like you said too big to run it thats why i run my 953 bigger than normal horse and power to pull well good luck on your journey if you need a sleeve hitch there is a guy on redsquare forum that has 7 or 8 of them for sale i hope i don't get in trouble for mentioning another forum just trying to help ok good luck again