• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jzeman65 OFFLINE  

jzeman65

• Member No: 4444
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 03:13 PM

I have an MF 14 Tractor, and i seen an ad selling a tiller attachment from a MF12. Was just wondering if these will interchange? The tiller says it comes with the gear box and drive shaft.
I don't have a 3 point hitch on the 14, but there are pivots that could be used for mounting a tiller attachment. Any advise or comments would be greatly appreciated.

#2 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4377
  • 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 04:01 PM

jzeman .... the tiller will not work. Also the M14 tiller was not 3ph. The M14 tiller had an intermediate vertical jack shaft. One of the jack shaft pulleys was driven by a belt from your mower pto clutch. The other jack shaft pulley drove the tiller by a horizontal pulley mounted on the tiller gearbox. So M14 tiller was belt driven from the front of the tractor to the tiller by two v-belts.

I have a M14 tiller but I don't have the intermediate jack shaft.... which is mounted on a frame which mounts to the middle of the under side of the tractor.

I'm know someone will have a pic of one.

I would sell my tiller

The M10 and 12 tiller was a better system with drive shaft and gearbox. The M14/16 tiller was chain driven and is a modified version of the same tillers used on John Deere, Areins, and Cub Cadet.
  • jzeman65 said thank you

#3 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 09:17 PM

The stock MF14/16 tiller belt is 176.9" x 1/2" that runs from the clutch on the tractor to the the large pulley on the tiller

#4 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4377
  • 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 09:36 PM

Well I must be wrong but a friend had the parts book for a tiller .... there is a frame that mount under the tractor and I thought I saw an intermediate pulley there. I have a tiller but not the frame

Sorry about the mistake

#5 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 10:04 PM

The Tiller you are looking at will work on the MF10, MF12, & I believe, MF12H. If you need a pic of the drive system on that tiller, let me know.

#6 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 10:48 PM

IMG00284.jpg The frame is just a belt guide

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG00283.jpg

• MH81 said thank you

#7 jzeman65 OFFLINE  

jzeman65

• Member No: 4444
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:35 AM

Thanks for the info everybody, you just saved me $350! If you have an MF10 or 12, and think it's a good deal, there's a tiller in my area listed on craigslist (adel, iowa).
I am debating whether to turn this tractor into a tiller/snowblower, or just get rid of it. The mower deck was shot, and i sent it of to the scrapyard (probly a mistake, but not the frirst one i've ever made), but it has a newer motor on it, and a brand new electric clutch.
If anybody in Iowa has a tiller and/or snowblower that will fit an MF14, let me know, and I'll weigh my options. Thanks again, love this website, has excellent info for all to enjoy!

#8 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 05:10 PM

I have an extra snowblower I wont be using. Also can get it to you for a reasonable price