• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,364 Thanks
  • 44,909 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 05:12 AM

The rear axle looks like a go-cart type setup, just with a square tube over it.

• SOHC said thank you

#32 SOHC OFFLINE  

SOHC
  • Member No: 88731
  • 34 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 06:08 PM

The rear axle looks like a go-cart type setup, just with a square tube over it.

I wouldn't be supersized if it was, but its very heavy duty, the rest of the tractor is made with off the self automotive components, wheel bearings were a GM item, steering system is all automotive components, gearbox is from some kind of car,      

• KennyP said thank you

#33 SOHC OFFLINE  

SOHC
  • 34 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted December 04, 2017 - 04:04 AM

I found how to get the rear axles out, RH axle is a short tube and the LH is a long solid shaft and runs right through the diff and then through the hollow RH axle, a big split pin and washer holds everything together. I should be able to pull them out and wack in new seals and bearings.

I drove over to a friends place on it this afternoon, if you let the clutch out a little bit too fast the front wheels will come off the ground, and it dosnt matter if the engine is at idol or full throttle, I think towing a trailer on steep or uneven ground would be dangerous.

• KennyP said thank you

#34 SOHC OFFLINE  

SOHC
  • 34 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted December 09, 2017 - 03:26 AM

Well I removed the RH hub and found at some stage it has sheared both axle keys and some ding a ling has welded both gears to the shaft, I would have liked to replace the oil seals and fix the end float but I will just fill it with semi fluid grease and use it, it might outlast me. 

Oh it did have bronze bushes.

• KennyP said thank you

#35 SOHC OFFLINE  

SOHC
  • 34 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted December 11, 2017 - 03:17 AM

Put in the semifluid, man that has made a difference, its smooth and quite now, fitted a new ignition condenser and I had replaced the fuel pump with a B&S pulse pump but when the tank got down to about 3/4 the engine would cut out, and when I removed the pump the pulse line was full of engine oil, I put the mechanical pump back on and it goes better.   

• KennyP said thank you