2 replies to this topic

#1 SJMaye OFFLINE  

SJMaye
  • Member No: 88744
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted October 29, 2017 - 09:32 AM

Hi,

I am new to the forum here.  I have come to look for some help.  I have a Ariens Max Zoom 2560 that has developed a pretty serious leak .  In looking under the mower it appears to be on the right side (as you sit on it).  Before tearing in to it I had hoped to connect to folks who may be able to lead me to some of the most common points of leakage for these transmissions.

Is there anyone here that has dealt with leaks on these mowers before?

#2 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,349 Thanks
  • 1,089 posts

Posted October 29, 2017 - 10:10 AM

There could be someone with more knowledge than me along any time but in the mean time you could look in the manuals section. Third tab from the left top of this page. Click on the tab go down the page to tractors and implements, click on that. this may help with the leak, if not it will entertain while you wait for an answer. You can download 3 manuals per day to start. After you have made a few posts to contribute to the forum the limit goes away. One post that is always appreciated is pictures of your machine. Welcome   Don  

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,378 Thanks
  • 9,739 posts

Posted October 29, 2017 - 12:38 PM

Does your mower have individual pumps, or just a wheel motor on each side? I.E., does the belt from the motor go over to near both wheels, or do you have hydraulic hoses running to the individual wheel motors?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydrostatic, leaks, transmission