• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cpower2004@comcast.net OFFLINE  

cpower2004@comcast.net
  • Member No: 88431
  • 6 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 23, 2017 - 07:08 PM

The id tag says its an economy 1957. After pressure washing this is what I have learned. Rear wheel on right side has 9/16-18 lug bolts. Left side has 1/2-20. Steering colum has weld all the way around about 2" from bottom. That is only interesting because the drive shaft tube after the rear transmission has 2 weld all the way around tube 3" apart. The original paint was RED. Its on everything up to and including the bell housing. It has a 10 h/p briggs I/c engine.Flywheel was too far back and that is the reason clutch did not work.A little hone job on flywheel bore makes it easy to slide back and forth to get proper bearing to pressure plate distance. Where can I get  2 rear 24" rims and tires used cheap. I need steering wheel nut! I found shifter knobs for two dollars each. They are on the way. The engine runs great for a while then it sputters almost stops and then starts running ok again. This goes on for awhile. Took shroud off engine and found wire going to the run and stop switch broke off and laying where ever it wanted to. Still having fun!   Butch

• Gtractor said thank you

#2 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,780 Thanks
  • 4,767 posts

Posted October 23, 2017 - 07:32 PM

JP tractor Salvage has used wheels, rims and probably tires.

#3 Bob White12 ONLINE  

Bob White12
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 88445
  • 72 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted October 23, 2017 - 09:15 PM

Is the economy garden tractor related to the hit n miss engine? sorry I don't know much about these garden tractors. 

#4 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 12,474 Thanks
  • 9,312 posts

Posted October 24, 2017 - 07:07 AM

Are you using your email address for a user name? Not wise!

Edited by LilysDad, October 24, 2017 - 07:09 AM.

#5 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,769 Thanks
  • 1,250 posts

Posted October 24, 2017 - 07:30 AM

Is the economy garden tractor related to the hit n miss engine? sorry I don't know much about these garden tractors. 

Hi Bob no two completely different companies, the Economy tractors were built by Engineer Products Company (EPCO) out of Waukesha, Wis, started in 1946 run with different owner last couple of yrs to 1996

Cpower the rims and center from a IH Cub will work on the rears as for the different sized bolt I'm thinking the larger one the hole got stripped and they went to the next size larger

Edited by MNGB, October 24, 2017 - 07:32 AM.