Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Any dealers need this lot of Briggs stuff?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 1,877 Thanks
  • 991 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 07:54 AM

I stumbled across a lot of Briggs stuff, shared it here because maybe one of you dealers would like to pop a 100 bucks into your inventory. 

https://www.facebook...625786250878590

• Bob White12 said thank you

#2 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,018 Thanks
  • 2,671 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 08:41 AM

cant read the part numbers from the picture that was posted,  but I just came from the local small engine stealership where i picked up a carb kit for an opposed twin 16hp (42A707 engine)  and it alone was $40! yikes. kit pn I needed was 693503

not a whole lot to this kit...

having said that I'm sure there's more than $100 worth of parts there, but when I have bought parts lots before I have gotten lots of little stuff that I wind up never needing... buy the lot for a few pieces that I use often and the rest collects dust/

• secondtry said thank you

#3 secondtry ONLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,349 Thanks
  • 1,089 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 09:48 AM

cant read the part numbers from the picture that was posted,  but I just came from the local small engine stealership where i picked up a carb kit for an opposed twin 16hp (42A707 engine)  and it alone was $40! yikes. kit pn I needed was 693503

having said that I'm sure there's more than $100 worth of parts there, but when I have bought parts lots before I have gotten lots of little stuff that I wind up never needing... buy the lot for a few pieces that I use often and the rest collects dust/

If you have parts just lying around in the way there is the for sale wanted trade forum on here. Not likely you will make a fortune but you may be able to find the parts a good home.  Don

Also if you hold down control and press + on your computer, or control and roll the mouse scroll wheel  the page will magnify. I don't know that there is any help available for phone users. Don

Edited by secondtry, October 21, 2017 - 09:48 AM.

• jhn9840 said thank you

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,738 Thanks
  • 18,022 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 09:49 AM

So far my experiences with NOS small engine parts like this is 90% of the stuff is no longer saleable, its either stuff that no one bought when the part was ordered years ago or the stuff is so common it dosent pay to try and sell a crusted out carb kit or rotted air cleaner when I can still offer my customers fresh stock for the same price.

#5 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,018 Thanks
  • 2,671 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 09:50 AM

If you have parts just lying around in the way there is the for sale wanted trade forum on here. Not likely you will make a fortune but you may be able to find the parts a good home.  Don

I have done that a few times before, nothing right now....

• secondtry said thank you

#6 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,313 Thanks
  • 2,967 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 12:59 PM

So far my experiences with NOS small engine parts like this is 90% of the stuff is no longer saleable, its either stuff that no one bought when the part was ordered years ago or the stuff is so common it dosent pay to try and sell a crusted out carb kit or rotted air cleaner when I can still offer my customers fresh stock for the same price.

Yep what he said. lol

I see a couple point sets and condensers, 2 Magnetos, crank seals and a bunch of old push mower carb parts in that lot. I wouldn't go anywhere near $100 for that lot.

I bought a big box of NOS briggs and Kohler parts at an auction the other day for $12.50. Only because it had a couple Kohler points sets and condensers and 2 NOS Kohler stators in it. All of the old Briggs push mower parts went rite in the garbage. It's been a long long time since i had any need for old points ignition Briggs push mowers parts. And I have no room for parts that I can't use. 

• dodge trucker said thank you

#7 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,529 Thanks
  • 1,342 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 01:52 PM

I have had lots of NOS parts, you can not give away the briggs parts.You need to know the ones that like the Kohler,tecumseh and Clintons and sell for a little bit off money,tractor shows will get rid of most but not the briggs

#8 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,018 Thanks
  • 2,671 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 04:05 PM

Yep what he said. lol

I see a couple point sets and condensers, 2 Magnetos, crank seals and a bunch of old push mower carb parts in that lot. I wouldn't go anywhere near $100 for that lot.

I bought a big box of NOS briggs and Kohler parts at an auction the other day for $12.50. Only because it had a couple Kohler points sets and condensers and 2 NOS Kohler stators in it. All of the old Briggs push mower parts went rite in the garbage. It's been a long long time since i had any need for old points ignition Briggs push mowers parts. And I have no room for parts that I can't use. 

I did the same back in June, to get an NOS Kohler starter plus a few other goodies, but where I wanted 2 air filters to have for the shelf I had to buy 8... I bought several similar lots at that sale.   Weird that you say what you threw away, seems that's the stuff I have been needing lately.... briggs points and such.