• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cpower2004@comcast.net OFFLINE  

cpower2004@comcast.net
  • Member No: 88431
  • 6 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 12:58 PM

I am on a page that is titled power king & economy brochures & misc. I found this page by accident yesterday and down loaded on it. Its awsome. One problem--- after i printed out some (3 ?) it said i was done.  FINE--So I went to my copies that I down loaded and sorted them into 3 groups. I go back to the site today knowing I can only down load 3 ??????? and started comparing what i printed to what was left. They do not look the same so i opened them up(3) to see if I already printed them and it shut me out just for looking. I do not understand why I am limited to only 3 down loads. I am new to G talk. I have an economy tractor 1957 and am looking for all info pertaining to it. It sure seems GOOFY that you put a limit on dow loading at this site. As i said it is an awsome site. You will need to explain this to me if you will. Butch

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,415 Thanks
  • 9,761 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 02:36 PM

It is set up that way to discourage those who are looking to download manuals to re-sell. EBay is full of manuals downloaded from this site, printed out and being sold for a profit. This site is for the betterment of the hobby, not to line someone's pockets.

The limit on downloads is removed once you have over a certain amount of posts.

Edited by Cat385B, October 20, 2017 - 02:37 PM.

• shorty, jd.rasentrac, sharkman and 2 others have said thanks

#3 James Bosma ONLINE  

James Bosma
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 76126
  • 830 Thanks
  • 437 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 03:04 PM

As Cat385B said " to discourage those who are looking to download manuals to re-sell "

Have penitence my friend  and you will soon have downloaded all the manuals pertaining your tractor

Download the big ones first

By the time you read and understand that manual you will have another 3 downloaded

• Austin said thank you

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,895 Thanks
  • 44,626 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 07:21 PM

Keep making posts and that 3 thing will disappear.

• jd.rasentrac said thank you

#5 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,350 Thanks
  • 1,090 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 09:29 PM

As the people above have said the number you can download increases after you have contributed more post to the forum. One popular and appreciated way of accomplishing this is to post pictures of your machine. many here say "No pictures you don't own it". Also many will post a short history of their machine like a description of how it was acquired, condition when acquired, what has been done to and with it. Welcome and enjoy the forum.  Don