• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TravelinJavelin OFFLINE  

TravelinJavelin
  • Member No: 84768
  • 125 Thanks
  • 218 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 01:59 PM

after looking all summer for one i was loosing hope unless i wanted travel over 200 miles for one but i found a deal 30 miles from home trying to just buy the plow itself ....wasn't happining i told him what i had to spend got for half  the price so i did the deal came with 36" rear mowing deck too then he had to get the plow from behind the shed and was lugging out a true A frame plow which was exactly what i needed and only thing didn't get was the angle rod so looked around on ebay found a couple and saw $60.00.. wasn't happining so i called my local steel shop up the road had one made for $21.00....that was more like it i thought....anyways here it is see what you think?

Attached Thumbnails

• 953 with her plow on 001.JPG
  • 953 with her plow on 003.JPG
  • 953 with her plow on 002.JPG
  • 953 with her plow on 005.JPG

• KennyP, CRFarnsworth, boyscout862 and 6 others have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,456 Thanks
  • 7,819 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 02:33 PM

Looks fine, Horse plows are one of easiest to use and mount I've ever had. Tractors always pushed good too, even at times w/out chains. Those big wheels may not need much to be able to push. Chains be good idea tho, might have to get truck chains with the big tires.

• boyscout862, Leonard VanCamp and TravelinJavelin have said thanks

#3 MolonLabe ONLINE  

MolonLabe

Rust Wrangler

• Member No: 59683
  • 547 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 03:45 PM

Nice snow mover there. Those 15" tires work so much better than the 12" tires. Very solid machines they were.

• boyscout862 and TravelinJavelin have said thanks

#4 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 5,248 Thanks
  • 4,624 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 06:08 PM

I have "built" a couple of angling rods as well as the left/right/center lever. Fairly easy if you know what length is needed.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 Leonard VanCamp ONLINE  

Leonard VanCamp
  • Member No: 62684
  • 376 Thanks
  • 307 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 10:24 PM

My uncle has a GT14 and that thing pushes like a small dozer. While I'm a JD fan, I must say that old girl is one of the stoutest built GT's I've seen.

• TravelinJavelin said thank you

#6 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 5,248 Thanks
  • 4,624 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 04:00 AM

My uncle has a GT14 and that thing pushes like a small dozer. While I'm a JD fan, I must say that old girl is one of the stoutest built GT's I've seen.

I have used my WH GT-14 for snow plowing for several years. It is a beast! The only problem I have had is the plow frame hits the steering components making it difficult to turn with the plow up. 

#7 TravelinJavelin OFFLINE  

TravelinJavelin
  • 125 Thanks
  • 218 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 01:31 PM

I have "built" a couple of angling rods as well as the left/right/center lever. Fairly easy if you know what length is needed.

yeah i got lucky there i measured 32" and added a inch to the bend work and couldn't of done it better and drilled some holes on my press and drilled out some washers too and came together awesome!

#8 TravelinJavelin OFFLINE  

TravelinJavelin
  • 125 Thanks
  • 218 posts

Posted October 21, 2017 - 01:41 PM

well i 've tried my plow in dirt already and dam happy is all i can say love that hydro lift and she will push!!! been playing grader man with it on my property line and main road and its awesome ....i put it in first gear run above idle and the old kohler chugs away now the next thing i've got to do left is new oil pan gasket and tranny gasket with a seal on the pulley side and will be race ready then back to my snowblower attachment project 

• KennyP said thank you