• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Clifford Bridgford OFFLINE  

Clifford Bridgford
  • Member No: 71036
  • 390 Thanks
  • 114 posts

Posted November 08, 2017 - 10:38 AM

The fenders were an option.  $14.00 per pair in 1954 price list.  I do not know if a 12 volt system was ever used in the later models.  I do not remember seeing any of the later tractors with the THD engine.  Shaw did not update his literature much in the later years.  I remember writing for information in the early 1960's and some of the information I received was printed in the late 1940's.  My dad told me that something must be wrong with the  company to be sending out such outdated information.  A year later, the company became a division of Bush Hog.

Cliff

• Alc and oldiron1 have said thanks

#17 Ted Brown Sr. OFFLINE  

Ted Brown Sr.
  • Member No: 88067
  • 5 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted November 08, 2017 - 11:46 AM

Thanks Cliff!

#18 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

oldiron1
  • Member No: 43924
  • 403 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted November 08, 2017 - 01:53 PM

Rob, thanks for the reply, I see what you mean about the clutch pedal. The pedals look like they could be pretty slippery when wet or in snow, I think they should have used re-bar instead of that smooth round stock. Are you going to restore it or leave it as is? Those rear tires do look good on it. I like the way they did the exhaust stack !   Ted

Hi Ted,

As nice as the exhaust stack looks, that's the first thing I'll be changing as it's too loud for me and really could use a little back pressure. I don't mind loud, but where the exhaust comes out is at ear level and it's really pretty obnoxious in my opinion. 

I'd love to restore it one day, but with as many irons I have in the fire right now, it will stay as-is (with exception of a muffler) for the foreseeable future. 

Thanks, Rob

#19 Ted Brown Sr. OFFLINE  

Ted Brown Sr.
  • Member No: 88067
  • 5 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted November 08, 2017 - 03:13 PM

Rob, I'd put a muffler on it too, it does look cool like that but not too practical.The motor would like a little back pressure as you said.Anyway, it's a real nice R12....Ted.
  • oldiron1 said thank you