55 replies to this topic

#46 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,510 Thanks
  • 1,149 posts

Posted December 05, 2017 - 06:51 PM

Made it to the shop today and you can see the new larger extended work surface now. I rebuilt the end shields and put some hooks to hold vise grips, hammers levels, etc. on both ends. Inserted the smaller drawers after building a support frame under it. Working on the rear frame to hole the portable air tank now. It still looks rough without paint but not far off now. This is going to be so much nicer to work on.

Attached Thumbnails

• longer table.jpg

• jhn9840 said thank you

#47 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,510 Thanks
  • 1,149 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 03:33 PM

Taking shape today , front fender well attached, rear fender welded in place, boxed in the small set of drawers, and boxed in the rear corner sheet metal. Got out the red paint and got part of it painted and ran out of paint.  Pleased how it looks today, almost done . These three rolling carts have really made my little shop more versatile. Going to actually be fun on the days I have to roll them out to get a couple garden tractors inside. :smilewink:

Attached Thumbnails

• fenders.jpg

#48 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,510 Thanks
  • 1,149 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 05:32 PM

I finished up paint rolling workbench no. 3 today and added fancy wheels like on the welding cart . Also added a little chrome trim. These were three fun projects and will make working in my shop much nicer.

Attached Thumbnails

• mag wheels third table.jpg

#49 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,510 Thanks
  • 1,149 posts

Posted December 09, 2017 - 05:25 PM

Before I get going on another project thought I would share this one. I had a old wheelbarrow sitting out back for 5 years. Had a flat tire  so I finally decided to dig it out and haul it out to the trash. It only made it to the shop door . I grabbed a larger front tire and two smaller tires and the next day it ended up like this. I love it with the rear tires. Also love the push bar handle , no need to lift it to move it around or even bend over . I filled it 5 times full of dirt and moved it around the back yard. It worked great. I feel good now it is not at the landfill taking up space, and it used up three more of my tires. :smilewink: :smilewink:

Attached Thumbnails

• wheelbarrow.jpg

• CRFarnsworth said thank you

#50 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,510 Thanks
  • 1,149 posts

Posted December 10, 2017 - 01:45 PM

I now have 24 wheels left over from the three tables and the three tool boxes. Today I oiled them all up for a few future smaller projects.

Attached Thumbnails

• oil wheels.jpg

#51 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,349 Thanks
  • 8,644 posts

Posted December 10, 2017 - 02:58 PM

I like that wheelbarrow idea. I may have to steal it. 

#52 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,510 Thanks
  • 1,149 posts

Posted December 12, 2017 - 09:21 AM

Now I love that old junk wheelbarrow, ha,ha. I started working on my air compressor building brackets to mount two of my swivel wheels on the front of it. Also going to build a taller handle to move it around. Even my air compressor gets moved around weekly in my small work space. This will make it much handier to move very easy.

#53 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,510 Thanks
  • 1,149 posts

Posted December 14, 2017 - 12:35 PM

Here is the first progress picture tweaking the little air compressor. I added the duel swivel wheels on front, added a more user friendly handle , added some hooks for accesseries, and now fabricating a shelf up above for a hose reel. It already pushes around so nice . It will be nice to push into the front garage and even out in the driveway if needed. Another fun little shop project.

Attached Thumbnails

• hose reel.jpg

#54 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,610 Thanks
  • 7,338 posts

Posted December 15, 2017 - 08:56 AM

Don , you give those like me with limited space plenty of ideas :thumbs:

#55 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,510 Thanks
  • 1,149 posts

Posted December 15, 2017 - 11:05 AM

Great to hear that, I love seeing other peoples ideas and hope I do help others in their projects. Every foot of space in so valuable sometimes, ha,ha.

#56 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,510 Thanks
  • 1,149 posts

Posted December 15, 2017 - 06:15 PM

Tonight I finished making a accessory rack next to the hose reel and got the new parts painted. Looks much better. Going to be so much nicer now. Funny how tweaking shop stuff you had for years makes them so much nicer. :dancingbanana:

Attached Thumbnails

• painted compressor.jpg