• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Martyp OFFLINE  

Martyp
  • Member No: 88571
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted October 11, 2017 - 01:38 PM

I just acquired my first Panzer. It's a T758ES and it seems to be very original and complete other than the steering wheel and seat. Being new to Panzers, I have a few questions I hope someone could help me with. Where will I find the serial number ? I've seen photos that show a number on the frame rails but I can't make out exactly where. Also, would the original steering wheel have been one of the crescent shaped ones? I read on one of the threads where someone mentioned that steering wheels are still available. If true, where?  Would the original seat have been a steel implement  pan type?  Lastly, what battery group type should I use.

This forum has been extremely informative and helpful. Thank you in advance.

• Doxey and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,192 Thanks
  • 8,898 posts

Posted October 11, 2017 - 03:21 PM

Welcome to GTT. I don't have the answers for you but they may be in the  manuals in our Manuals Section. You can download three documents per day for free. Good Luck, Rick

Try this one:  http://gardentractor...-t758es-manual/

Edited by boyscout862, October 11, 2017 - 03:22 PM.

#3 jabelman ONLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,058 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted October 11, 2017 - 04:35 PM

Nice find post some pictures,
the serial number is on the sticker on the dash under the steering wheel, most of the time they are long gone.
the 75 has the Cresent wheel, it's made by sheller, it's a common to find ebay or other tractors,
2 seat options, regular metal seat or the deluxe seat.

here is the link to one of my t75, there are pics of the steering wheel and deluxe seat

http://gardentractor...5/?fromsearch=1

Edited by jabelman, October 11, 2017 - 04:36 PM.

#4 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 3,636 Thanks
  • 2,733 posts

Posted October 11, 2017 - 05:06 PM

:welcometogttalk:

#5 Martyp OFFLINE  

Martyp
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted October 11, 2017 - 08:45 PM

Thanks to all for replying. The machine was painted over the original paint with red at some point in time but the sticker is there under the paint! I was able to read the model number-T758ES and  a serial number that begins with 84. A little better light tomorrow and I think i'll be able to see the rest of it.  Only have two bad  pics right now. I'll try to take some good ones soon and post them. Here's what I have for now.

Attached Thumbnails

• Panzer1.JPG
  • T758ESpanzer.JPG

• JohnD. said thank you

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,505 Thanks
  • 7,856 posts

Posted October 11, 2017 - 08:56 PM

I'ld prefer that steering wheel and seat with pad like that, over any crescent or metal seat if mine. I like these red ones much better, seem to be more updated too. Maybe that is why yours seems diff, just better updated model??  I like Improvements, not going backwards to items that work, but not as easy or nice. The H... with original, but that's just me.

• Doxey said thank you

#7 karel OFFLINE  

karel
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,922 Thanks
  • 1,296 posts

Posted October 13, 2017 - 04:29 AM

return it to stock.

#8 jabelman ONLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,058 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted October 13, 2017 - 08:39 PM

Thanks to all for replying. The machine was painted over the original paint with red at some point in time but the sticker is there under the paint! I was able to read the model number-T758ES and a serial number that begins with 84. A little better light tomorrow and I think i'll be able to see the rest of it. Only have two bad pics right now. I'll try to take some good ones soon and post them. Here's what I have for now.

looks like a good solid machine to restore. I have redone a few, if you need any help along the way feel free to contact me.

#9 Martyp OFFLINE  

Martyp
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted October 13, 2017 - 09:20 PM

Thanks jabelman for the offer of help, I will definitely keep that in mind. I intend to restore it back to original.

#10 JohnD. OFFLINE  

JohnD.
  • Member No: 89020
  • 19 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 09:29 PM

Nice find! I also just bought my first Panzer a t70es can you get some photos of the mower deck? It would help me out.

#11 Panzerguy ONLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 817 Thanks
  • 489 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 07:19 PM

I just acquired my first Panzer. It's a T758ES and it seems to be very original and complete other than the steering wheel and seat. Being new to Panzers, I have a few questions I hope someone could help me with. Where will I find the serial number ? I've seen photos that show a number on the frame rails but I can't make out exactly where. Also, would the original steering wheel have been one of the crescent shaped ones? I read on one of the threads where someone mentioned that steering wheels are still available. If true, where?  Would the original seat have been a steel implement  pan type?  Lastly, what battery group type should I use.

This forum has been extremely informative and helpful. Thank you in advance.

Looks like you've got a very good starting point for a restoration (no beat up sheet metal)  AND it came with the mower deck, which are getting hard to find. As far as the battery, I'm not sure that garden tractor batteries come in "group" sizes but it's just a standard size garden tractor battery readily available at Sears or most big box stores. That will mount under the seat (right side) on that flat plate with the terminals positioned toward the right side fender and you'll want to make sure you get a battery that will have the negative terminal toward the back.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: panzer