• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 1adamb OFFLINE  

1adamb

• Member No: 4424
  • 2 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted July 08, 2011 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for the story. Yeah, this parts tractor is actually newer than the one I bought that works. Lots of newer upgrades on it. All the pulley's for the pto are in better shape than the original one I bought. Overall, quite happy with my $123 purchase LOL.

These tires are the same size as my MTD. My MTD has ag tires, so I will be putting the turf tires on the MTD and the Ag's on the Bolens. Can't wait until fall when I can till my garden back under :)

:wave: 1adamb Welcome to GTTalk! Not sure how this thread slipped under my radar, but still wanted to say Hi!
That's an interesting story of how you arrived at the purchase price! I had that happen with a set of wheels once. I asked what he wanted for them, he replied $25. I thought that a fair price, but when I retrieved my money from my pocket, I discovered only $24...I told him I'd go dig around in my car and could probably come up with the extra $1 in pocket change, but he said it was close enough LOL! I had given him quite a bit more money as I had purchased several items already.
Great that you got such a deal on yours. Hope you get the bugs worked out quickly and hope also that you enjoy the forum!

#17 1adamb OFFLINE  

1adamb

• 2 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted July 08, 2011 - 09:58 AM

And, if I never said I got the tractor running. It was a loose wire in the ignition switch harness. Runs like a champ, even have the electric pto running from the spare parts tractor. Kinda wish I hadn't purchased the new electric clutch, but guess it won't hurt to have a good spare electric clutch for the pto. This tractor is almost 40 years old...

#18 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 12, 2011 - 12:55 PM

the guy should be glad you didnt pay in singles. my friend bought as tractor off of me for 50 bucks and he gave me a wheel horse, it took him 20 minutes to count out the 50...

#19 1adamb OFFLINE  

1adamb

• 2 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted July 13, 2011 - 01:20 AM

LOL, that's funny. The guy was pretty cool, helped me roll it up onto my trailer since the tractor didn't run. All the while, it was storming pretty good. As soon as I got there, it started to pour of course :)

the guy should be glad you didnt pay in singles. my friend bought as tractor off of me for 50 bucks and he gave me a wheel horse, it took him 20 minutes to count out the 50...

#20 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 13, 2011 - 07:35 AM

the day i bought my ht20 was supposed to be a nice day, we hitched up the u haul trailer and there come the black clouds, didnt rain a drop till we got it on the trailer. then it went wild.

#21 SnowmanPA OFFLINE  

SnowmanPA

• Member No: 2003
  • 12 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted July 14, 2011 - 03:21 PM

Howdy 1adamb! Welcome to the forum. I was going to throw out some QT tips but it sounds like you are a fast learner and already have it figured out. I've got 4 QT's (2 running and 2 for parts). They are very heavy and well built machines. I repowered one (my workhorse) with a 24-hp Honda. I can push a house with it! One thing to check on your Onan is the torque on the carburetor to manifold bolts. They can work loose over time, causing the engine to run hot and lean due to the vacuum leak. If you find yours to be loose, use some loctite. There you go...my free tip of the day!

#22 1adamb OFFLINE  

1adamb

• 2 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 06:18 PM

Well, tomorrow I plan on removing the deck and hooking the tiller up to the pto and am going to till some ground to plant some late corn (needed an excuse to play with tiller LOL)

Anyhow, looks like there are pins in the front, and then I have to remove some bolts in the back?? Does that sound right?

Did you ever find your tiller?

Howdy 1adamb! Welcome to the forum. I was going to throw out some QT tips but it sounds like you are a fast learner and already have it figured out. I've got 4 QT's (2 running and 2 for parts). They are very heavy and well built machines. I repowered one (my workhorse) with a 24-hp Honda. I can push a house with it! One thing to check on your Onan is the torque on the carburetor to manifold bolts. They can work loose over time, causing the engine to run hot and lean due to the vacuum leak. If you find yours to be loose, use some loctite. There you go...my free tip of the day!