• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bahmi OFFLINE  

bahmi
  • Member No: 88472
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 02, 2017 - 06:29 PM

I am looking for a part that fits my 16D. It's the plastic fixture that fits on the drive range mechanism. It has a scale that signifies high, low,and neutral.  Mine is brittle and broken, held together with some crazy glue that works marginally.

Does this part even exist anymore?

#2 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8592
  • 3,498 Thanks
  • 947 posts

Posted October 02, 2017 - 06:52 PM

Part # SBA464190050 looks to be NLA you can try Messicks part hotline if there is inventory on any dealers shelf they will find it

Messicks  877-260-3528 .

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,529 Thanks
  • 1,342 posts

Posted October 02, 2017 - 06:58 PM

Messicks shows 2 in stock

http://www.messicks....464190050/cover

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 billy bee OFFLINE  

billy bee
  • Member No: 87693
  • 2 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 07:40 AM

A friend of mine bought a parts tractor for an LGT 14D that plastic H L N part is in very good condition. We both have 14Ds and neither one of us need it. He has lots of other parts too. Let me know.

Bill

#5 bahmi OFFLINE  

bahmi
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 13, 2017 - 07:39 PM

A friend of mine bought a parts tractor for an LGT 14D that plastic H L N part is in very good condition. We both have 14Ds and neither one of us need it. He has lots of other parts too. Let me know.

Bill

Bill, thanks.  Seeing that both of you have a LGT diesel, what say you regarding my 16D that starts balky. I'm just not sure the plugs are heating up, takes me a good 10 seconds to start it and that seems way too long. What is the likely part (s) that is the culprit here?  I have only 460 hours on the tractor, can't believe all of the plugs would be shot.

thanks a lot

#6 billy bee OFFLINE  

billy bee
  • 2 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 07:21 AM

I had the same question about starting taking too long. Thought it was the glow plugs. but they are working fine. Both of our tractors have block heaters and glow plugs. Heat doesn't seem to make any difference, they both take 5 to 10 seconds to start on the first start of the day, after that they fire up quickly. So, what we think is that it needs to crank a while to build up fuel pressure, maybe it is the nature of these beasts. My other Shibaura diesel in a New Holland TC 33 fires up after a couple revs after cycling the glow plugs for about 15 seconds. Also the manual on these little Fords call for you to open the throttle wide open at start, leading us to believe it is a fuel thing. My TC 33 manual says to give it 1/4 throttle, most times I don't give it any, and it fires right up. Maybe some other Ford D owners could chime in, but there doesn't seem to be too many of us. Congrats on a great little low hour tractor!

Keep in touch,

Bill

#7 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,855 Thanks
  • 3,394 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 12:45 PM

I have a 2120 and it starts like you could only dream about! My little Kubota powered LGT will not start with out glowplugs when it is cold! I dont care if its 120 out side... nope ...touch the glowplugs for a few seconds and its off and purring.
My Case-IH 1594 (97hp 6cylinder) cranks for ever if you don't pump the mechanical fuel pump before starting.
They could possibly benifit from a check valve style fuel filter installed just infront of the lift pump. This way fuel can't leak back cavitating the fuel pump.

#8 bahmi OFFLINE  

bahmi
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 02:26 PM

I had the same question about starting taking too long. Thought it was the glow plugs. but they are working fine. Both of our tractors have block heaters and glow plugs. Heat doesn't seem to make any difference, they both take 5 to 10 seconds to start on the first start of the day, after that they fire up quickly. So, what we think is that it needs to crank a while to build up fuel pressure, maybe it is the nature of these beasts. My other Shibaura diesel in a New Holland TC 33 fires up after a couple revs after cycling the glow plugs for about 15 seconds. Also the manual on these little Fords call for you to open the throttle wide open at start, leading us to believe it is a fuel thing. My TC 33 manual says to give it 1/4 throttle, most times I don't give it any, and it fires right up. Maybe some other Ford D owners could chime in, but there doesn't seem to be too many of us. Congrats on a great little low hour tractor!

Keep in touch,

Bill

Thanks, Bill, for the great insights. One thing I've not looked into is bleeding the fuel line around the filter and injector pump. Is it possible there is some air in the system? It's almost ironic that this question is so hard to answer. I had a Kubota G6200 tractor that was also balky until I bled the fuel system. After than, it started great.

I might add that the Ford is quite superior to the Kubota in the way it runs and the way it feels to be in the saddle. It's a real sweetheart.

#9 bahmi OFFLINE  

bahmi
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 02:29 PM

I have a 2120 and it starts like you could only dream about! My little Kubota powered LGT will not start with out glowplugs when it is cold! I dont care if its 120 out side... nope ...touch the glowplugs for a few seconds and its off and purring.
My Case-IH 1594 (97hp 6cylinder) cranks for ever if you don't pump the mechanical fuel pump before starting.
They could possibly benifit from a check valve style fuel filter installed just infront of the lift pump. This way fuel can't leak back cavitating the fuel pump.

Some nice thoughts to consider. Thanks again.

#10 slick09169 OFFLINE  

slick09169
  • Member No: 88549
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 09:31 PM

Bill

Billy, 

I'm looking for a cylinder head for my LGT-14D.  I bought it off a guy who said it needed values.  Pulled it and the head is cracked and pitted up bad.  I may also need additional parts but want to get it running well first.  Please message me if you have spare parts.

Aaron

slick09169@aol.com

#11 billy bee OFFLINE  

billy bee
  • 2 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 30, 2017 - 07:04 AM

Billy, 

I'm looking for a cylinder head for my LGT-14D.  I bought it off a guy who said it needed values.  Pulled it and the head is cracked and pitted up bad.  I may also need additional parts but want to get it running well first.  Please message me if you have spare parts.

Aaron

slick09169@aol.com

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you, but been spending time with my son who just left for marine boot camp. The parts tractor that my friend bought is a GT 85, it has a lot of interchangeable parts with the LGT 14 D. Hydrostat, hydraulics, deck, seat and fender pan, and more. Unfortunately, it has a Kohler gas engine, so no help on the cylinder head. Hope you get it running, these are really awesome little beasts.

Keep in touch,

Bill