Garden Tractor Forums banner

So my buddy came today bearing gifts

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  SimplyRad 
#1 ·
I have been looking for a b10 or b12. I was at the house today and my friend pulled in and said he got something for me . He had a simplicity 2012 land Lord. He was going to give it to me for free but I couldn t just take it, so I gave him the 100 he paid for it. It has the rear lift too. Runs and drives good. And minimal play in the gear box. My question is where do you guys get the parts for the bevel gear box if they ever need rebuilt. Also would it be a sin to make it a b12? If so what is a good match for the simplicity orange? How did I do? Sorry about the pics. Also what do you guys do with the chrome grille for a restore? And would this be like a 66?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
That is really nice. Check out www.simpletractors.com and www.simpletractors.net they have some info and sponsors who may be able to help. I believe the bearings are just off the shelf that you can get at an auto parts store. If the BGB is staring to worry you, rebuild it before there is damage.

IMO that GT is in too good of shape to repaint. Clean it, service it, and preserve it. Then, enjoy it. An AC will come along when you least expect it. For now enjoy what you have and accumulate attachments. BTW, he is not a good buddy, he is a great buddy. Good Luck, Rick

#6 ·
That is a 1967 and the stripe down the hood is supposed to be white. That is a good looking tractor. Did it come with the manual lift or was it originally hydro lift. My son has one that someone took the hydro off.
I'm not sure the lift is manual right now

#7 ·
That is really nice. Check out www.simpletractors.com and www.simpletractors.net they have some info and sponsors who may be able to help. I believe the bearings are just off the shelf that you can get at an auto parts store. If the BGB is staring to worry you, rebuild it before there is damage.

IMO that GT is in too good of shape to repaint. Clean it, service it, and preserve it. Then, enjoy it. An AC will come along when you least expect it. For now enjoy what you have and accumulate attachments. BTW, he is not a good buddy, he is a great buddy. Good Luck, Rick
From what I found only one of the two bevel gears is still available. It only has maybe a quarter inch of play when you turn the pulley idk if that is too much. I may take it apart and see if maybe the keys in the shafts are worn or something

Reactions: boyscout862
#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.