• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 3v0 OFFLINE  

3v0
  • Member No: 26648
  • 117 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted October 01, 2017 - 06:25 PM

To me at least, this  is an interesting tractor in that it discharges grass from both sides of the deck through steel ducts to the rear bagger.  It has 3 spindles with a small blade in the center.   The owner said the exhaust fell off and some guy welded it, after that the tractor leaked oil.  Started knocking and they parked it.  That may not be all bad because I expect the variable speed pulley setup is grease soaked instead of rusted solid.

Currently I don't have a front picture.  It has the square headlights.

I am assuming ELECTRIC indicates an electric PTO clutch.  

IMG_6865.JPG

IMG_6870.JPG

Luckily the data tag is under the seat or it would have been unreadable.

I don't have any immediate plans for the tractor.   Just seem unusual enough that it should not go to scrap.  Was I wrong ?  It would also be interesting to see one in good condition with the rest of the bagger attached.  Found the bagger parts diagram.

MTD_BAGGER.gif

​3v0

Edited by 3v0, October 01, 2017 - 06:30 PM.

• poncho62, Gtractor, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#2 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 1,339 Thanks
  • 1,515 posts

Posted October 01, 2017 - 06:28 PM

Cool.....dual exhaust

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 3v0 OFFLINE  

3v0
  • 117 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 07:19 AM

More images

IMG_6886_S.JPG

IMG_6892_S.JPG

• Leonard VanCamp and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#4 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,302 Thanks
  • 1,535 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 07:43 AM

Thats quite the different design of the discharge chute. Be interesting to see how well it works.Also wonder if both outside blades spin in opposite directions,to throw the grass outwards.Guess you would know if you look at the belt routing and the blade curve.

#5 Bob E OFFLINE  

Bob E
  • Member No: 85024
  • 104 Thanks
  • 81 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 08:24 AM

Looks European.

#6 3v0 OFFLINE  

3v0
  • 117 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 11:37 AM

The outside blades would have to rotate opposite each other or one of them would not move the grass into the chute.

More interesting is that they added a 3rd little blade.  Two blade decks overlap the blades with on set a bit behind the other.    In this case they are even with a gap between.  The 3rd blade mows this center gap.  So this setup would mow equally well on left and right turns.  At least that's what I understand by looking at it from the top side. 

I wonder if this design forced them to use the electric clutch.  

These tractors from the pre "lets make it cheaper with plastic" period are fun.  Too bad it uses variable speed pulleys.  I've been told that if you want them to work right you have to use MTD belts.  Last time I checked that was about $60 for the pair, so I imagine the mower drive belt would bring that up over $100.   For me that is just a bit too much for a tractor that is just going to eat storage space.  Maybe I just need to figure out how to stack em up. 

3v0

Thats quite the different design of the discharge chute. Be interesting to see how well it works.Also wonder if both outside blades spin in opposite directions,to throw the grass outwards.Guess you would know if you look at the belt routing and the blade curve.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mtd, ranch king