• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,033 Thanks
  • 2,691 posts

Posted September 28, 2017 - 07:57 PM

may be a few more before I see this thing leave my garage back to its owner.

Does anyone know the thread size for the flywheel nut?  the original wound up stripped, (glad it wasn't the crank instead) had to spend over an hour with a Dremel with a small bit and a skinny chisel and hammer to get it split so I could get it off of there (I had had the flywheel off once before, was spinning it with a cordless 18v Milwaukee  3/8 drive impact with the spark plug out, and it was spinning over quite easily  (weak spark, none by pulling the starter rope/  just a little when spinning it the way I did, definitely too weak.)  very surprised it stripped out, being as how there was no compression as I was spinning it without the plug in place.

but I did nick the crank threads during removal of the nut. didn't know if the damage was the nut or the crank til I got it apart....

where is a good parts source for these saws?   I was ready to tell the owner to punt, 'til I found out what they sell for, even used, on CL.... gonna need a new cylinder and piston along with a new coil andair filter to begin with....

• chieffan said thank you

#2 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 611 Thanks
  • 526 posts

Posted September 28, 2017 - 08:48 PM

We have one at work and you are right...they aren't cheap by any means.

Do you have a thread gauge? I'm talking about the ones with the little arms that have grooves in them to measure thread pitch. They are cheap and they are life savers in situations like this.

#3 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,033 Thanks
  • 2,691 posts

Posted September 28, 2017 - 09:34 PM

somewhere... buried in the obstacle course of  a garage... thought it might be better to ask.

#4 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 1,336 Thanks
  • 778 posts

Posted September 29, 2017 - 10:27 PM

Concrete saws have to be rebuilt fairly often. A friend of mine does brick and manmade stone paver drives and patios. He has half a dozen saws and rebuilds at least half of them each year. Those things take a beating with all of the silica and stone dust flying around.

#5 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,033 Thanks
  • 2,691 posts

Posted September 30, 2017 - 08:08 PM

Yeah I can see that..
Also I have been looking for parts from eBay and I see they have alot of listings for parts for a TS350 this is a TS 350 SUPER. What is the difference?