2 replies to this topic

#1 Sam OFFLINE  

Sam

• Contributor
  • Member No: 255
  • 71 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 11:30 AM

Hi, as mentioned in another post i have two of these, both slightly different so we will call them 1 and 2, this is 1
Duals.jpg

10hp B+S chained to an Albion 3 speed gearbox to a Morris car rear axle with a welded diff, its fine on soft ground but a bit iffy to steer on tar as you could imagine.
This is 2 on arrival being moved around the easy way,
V.jpg

Again a 10hp B+S but is belted to a 4 speed Morris gearbox and again to a Morris rear axle with welded diff, both machines have box steel chassis.
Controls on both are hand throttle, master brake cylinders on each of the two pedals and a slave cylinder on the gearboxes, very simply made which is good as there is little to go wrong.
To give scale, bad pic i know but here is a Husqvarna mower next to them.

husq.jpg

And here they are both together.

duals2.jpg

I just need to source some tyres for number 2, remake the brake pipes, and replace the tipping body, the engine is already running fine and just needs refitted.
Sam.
  • IamSherwood and KennyP have said thanks

#2 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 04:48 PM

Those are quite neat old toys.What speed can you get out of something like that.Larry

#3 Sam OFFLINE  

Sam

• Contributor
  • Member No: 255
  • 71 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted July 02, 2011 - 03:49 AM

Hi, they will probably get up to around 20mph if you are brave but with no suspension and locked diffs that might be asking for trouble, i am contemplating changing the axle on one of them to a 4x4 axle, that way the diff lock would be selectable.