• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Maybeacub OFFLINE  

Maybeacub
  • Member No: 88436
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted September 25, 2017 - 08:18 PM

Total newbie to GTs here and i have a simple question, i think. I have an Ariens GT16 and am trying to determime what other brands/models are clones. Im looking at a New Holland S14 tomorrow which appears very similar in the pictures. Hoping the 3pt arms are interchangeable and the front mounted snow plow is interchangeable as well.

#2 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,022 Thanks
  • 2,676 posts

Posted September 25, 2017 - 09:47 PM

yup. it'll work.  that new holland and very early Ariens (like right after Ariens bought the line from Speery/NH) had a Vickers trans while the rest have Sunsrand ones, not sure if a rear pto from a Vickers and one from a Sunstrand would directly interchange.  

I have an S16H Ariens, a GT19 Ariens and a S14H NH.  I would like to find a snow blower (preferably a newer Ariens 2 stage, the NH ones were single stage) for one of mine along with a cab.

• Alc and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 603 Thanks
  • 524 posts

Posted September 25, 2017 - 11:01 PM

The Gravely 7173-H is also an Ariens GT clone. The Gravely GT600 was Gravely's version of the Ariens Grand Sierra. Those seem to be few and far between, but do pop up here and there. The attachments will interchange between all of the NH, Ariens S, Ariens GT, Ariens Grand Sierra, and Gravely 7173-H models. Also...The smaller vertical shaft S models will not interchange. They are a totally different machine.
  • Alc said thank you

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,999 Thanks
  • 8,781 posts

Posted September 25, 2017 - 11:03 PM

Welcome to GTT. Check our Manuals Section for info that you need. Good Luck, Rick

#5 Maybeacub OFFLINE  

Maybeacub
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted September 26, 2017 - 04:31 AM

GT16.jpg

You all like pictures so here's one of the GT16 I picked up. Looking at the NH S14 today because it has a front plow and the 3pt arms and top link so if the price is right I'll pick that up.

Thanks for the replies!

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,791 Thanks
  • 44,563 posts

Posted September 26, 2017 - 04:59 AM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Nice looking tractor.

#7 Maybeacub OFFLINE  

Maybeacub
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted September 26, 2017 - 12:21 PM

Here's a pic of the S14 I looked at today. Starts and runs ok. Hydraulics worked, lifted plow and 3pt. arms move up and down. Comes with the front snow plow and a ground plow for the rear for gardening. No mower deck.

Dirty all around including the engine oil. Unfortunately it was painted purple everywhere with rattle cans.

Wants $500. Are these worth $500 for the described condition?

Attached Thumbnails

• S14.png

#8 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 4,910 Thanks
  • 4,966 posts

Posted September 26, 2017 - 04:17 PM

Seems on the high side for the condition.

#9 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,022 Thanks
  • 2,676 posts

Posted September 26, 2017 - 06:31 PM

Here's a pic of the S14 I looked at today. Starts and runs ok. Hydraulics worked, lifted plow and 3pt. arms move up and down. Comes with the front snow plow and a ground plow for the rear for gardening. No mower deck.

Dirty all around including the engine oil. Unfortunately it was painted purple everywhere with rattle cans.

Wants $500. Are these worth $500 for the described condition?

I have seen some NH machines from the later (middle) 70s that were a purplish red. I often wondered if NH had Ariens' OK to continue to make these tractors after the sale or if Ariens actually continued to build them and still put the NH name on them at  that point?  there were a couple,  at different times on Ebay last year,  that were claimed to be 1975-76ish that still had the Speery/NH decals on them that were a purplish red color....seems like I remember them being like a "red cabbage" color....

#10 Maybeacub OFFLINE  

Maybeacub
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted September 27, 2017 - 06:44 AM

This one does still show New Holland thru the paint on the side of the hood. Maybe it was just poorly touched up with a spray can or its years of wear.