• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ticard76 OFFLINE  

Ticard76
  • Member No: 88418
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted September 24, 2017 - 02:51 PM

I have a 1965 ac big 10 the only year made has all factory parts besides belts blades and batteries it was a one owne its my pride and joy. Im having an issue with it tho im not much of a mechanic but its not getting much fire at all thru the plug wire ver light dull spark at times bit if tou hoik it to the plug it doesnt have enough fire to spark from the plug. It seems id have to take the whole engine out to get to the points or whatever bit ive heard that you can use some kind of battery type deal that you can ise to get fire to your plug. Has anyone heard if this or jnow how i should go about fixiing this problem

#2 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 1,783 Thanks
  • 958 posts

Posted September 24, 2017 - 08:27 PM

A fuel fouled plug will bleed off the current so there is no spark.  Make sure it won't jump the gap in a brand new plug.

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,999 Thanks
  • 8,781 posts

Posted September 24, 2017 - 11:33 PM

Welcome to GTT. A friend's Big Ten got me into little tractors many years ago. Download the owners manual for the Big Ten and the engine manual for the Briggs and Straton 243341 engine from our Manuals Section. I'll a links in a little bit. First you want to check the points. They are in a small box on the side of the engine below the carb. Most ignition problems are the points or the plugs. If those don't solve the problem then you should go through the trouble shooting section in the engine manual. Post pics and ask questions as you have problems. We are all in this together. Good Luck, Rick

Here is the owners manual. The ACs were made by Simplicity only the paint, some chrome and the seats are different. http://gardentractor...0-landlord-101/

Here is the B&S Engine manual: http://gardentractor...ines-1919-1981/

Edited by boyscout862, September 25, 2017 - 12:02 AM.