• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Torri gwair OFFLINE  

Torri gwair
  • Member No: 88161
  • 48 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted September 23, 2017 - 02:25 AM

Well didn't get my ride on mower, builders did not have time to make a opening in my garage,so I've decided after servicing the mountfield I needed a project, so looked around the free ads and found a rover powered mower, it has a Briggs and Stratton engine a quantum 50xts , it has a strange 2 or 4 blade configuration I've not seen before, it's made in Australia and seems well built, issue was a leaking fuel line so an easy fix, built in 2002 and has been standing for about 4 years, filled it with petrol ( you call this gas ?) , and she fired up instantly little smoke initially but then cleared, ticked over nicely, I will pour some new liquid gold into the engine , change spark plug, new air filter and clean and replace gaskets on the carburettor, new fuel line also , will strip away old paint and re-spray also make sure underside will be sealed to moisture and grass, need to find a grass catcher though , I've taken photos of GeraldineIMG_1355.JPG IMG_1351.JPG IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1356.JPG IMG_1359.JPG IMG_1360.JPG IMG_1353.JPG IMG_1354.JPG

Last image is of my current modernish mountfield mower
Any tips or tricks greatly appreciated
Thanks

Edited by Torri gwair, September 23, 2017 - 02:34 AM.

• boyscout862, TomLGT195 and HANKG have said thanks

#2 Torri gwair OFFLINE  

Torri gwair
  • 48 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted September 27, 2017 - 04:22 AM

IMG_1442.JPG IMG_1443.JPG image.jpg image.jpg

So I've started by stripping down the carburettor, cleaned it thoroughly with carb cleaner and it's like new, I've ordered air filter and gasket which will be replaced, fuel line replaced, taken head out and cleaned as photos show, I have cleaned the piston head and valves a little but look in good condition this mower is 15 years old , probably neglected also!
I have ordered new head gasket ,new blades , full carburettor seals and gaskets,spark plug and filters so all in all I'm hoping that she will appreciate all the goodness being poured into her

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1444.JPG

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#3 Torri gwair OFFLINE  

Torri gwair
  • 48 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted September 27, 2017 - 05:20 AM

IMG_1446.JPG IMG_1445.JPG
Piston head cleaned rubbed down carbon build up just inside piston collar, valve stems cleaned and using little strip of cloth soaked in carb cleaner
  • KennyP said thank you