Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Bush Hog D4-7 is home with it's brother.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hey, that's cool George. Twins.

Looks in good shape.
Congrats.

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,292 Thanks
  • 28,624 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 10:35 PM

Nice BH George, thanks for the pictures!

Glad she's home.

#18 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 08:35 PM

Another great score George! Glad that you...and it are safely back home! Also glad that you had a good time fishing with your Dad!

#19 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 09:14 PM

Oh, and when you replace those tires send me that left rear one, the Goodyear with the diamonds around the sidewall, those are good to have as spares for the Springfield and Toro.

#20 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 09:44 PM

I just had to add my own comments. The fishing that day was great. Catching was another story. It was just a nice time on the river with me and George. Like they say, time on the river with your son, PRICELESS.
The Bush Hog was in really great shape. It will make a nice addition to the herd.

#21 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 09:50 PM

Good to see the brothers re-united! The fender handle is not OE.

It doesn't look original Daniel. It was probably added because the owner was older and either needed help on and off, or he felt safer mowing a bank at his home. The tractor is in very nice shape.
George now has a tractor to keep the first Bush Hog company.

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 05:51 PM

I know I haven't been posting as much as normal but I have been busy working on other things for the site. I wanted to post an update though that I did work on getting it running. I tore the carb apart and it actually wasn't too bad. The gasket ripped a little taking it apart but I reused it because I am going to be ordering a carb kit for it anyway. I managed to get it running that day I worked on it but it just wasn't right. So I gave up for the day and then decided to work on it the next day. I couldn't get it to fire off to save my life. It definitely has great spark so I think it has something to do with the carb.

I am going to order a carb kit this week and rebuild the carb. I am also going to get a head gasket and check out for carbon deposits and check the clearances on the valves. The good thing is when it was running, even once it was warm it didn't smoke at all.

#23 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 07:07 PM

Great news George. I bet you'll find you have a little valve issue also, but likely minor. We've all had less time to post & update, as a busy time, plus it's been so blasted HOT!

#24 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 07:15 PM

It definitely has been hot. I have a golf cart that I am working on now. It is my mother in laws. Once that is out of the garage I gotta get dad's car in there. The crank pulley isn't spinning. Don't know if it is a sheared key or a snapped crank. Not enough room to get in there without removing the fenderwell.

Going to try and have the D4-7 running good in time for the Dover show. The D4-10 runs superb as far as idle speed and responsiveness, it's just a shame it fogs for bugs with oil smoke LOL

#25 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 07:24 PM

FIL had a Ford 801 Powermaster tractor that snapped the crank between the front main & the timing cover. The pulley still turned because the crank snapped at a 45 degree angle, but the pulley wobbled to beat the band! LOL I bought the tractor & got a used crank, turned it down & rebuilt the engine & painted the whole tractor. Made myself $1700 for my labor.

#26 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 26, 2011 - 05:53 PM

I ordered the carb kit this morning from Jestin at tubeframes.com. Should be here before the weekend as Jestin is good at getting stuff out. Will try doing just the carb first and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't I will tear in to the head and valves.

#27 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 06, 2011 - 05:33 AM

I got the carb kit yesterday for the Bush Hog D4-7. I am really hoping I can get it running decent with just the carb kit for now in time for the show. I don't really have time right now to dig too deep in to it. If not I will just push it on the trailer to display it with it's brother.

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,457 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted August 06, 2011 - 05:39 AM

Good luck with the carb. Hope that gets it running better.

#29 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 07, 2011 - 03:44 PM

Well I did get it running pretty decent, has a few little quirks here and there as far as the motor goes but I will get them ironed out at a later time. The most important part is I can drive it on and off the trailer with it's brother. This winter is going to be full of projects. This is the first time I have actually looked forward to the cooler months of the year, even though it isn't the best for painting at least it will be cooler to work on the stuff and the show season is finished.

#30 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted August 07, 2011 - 03:49 PM

This winter is going to be full of projects. This is the first time I have actually looked forward to the cooler months of the year, even though it isn't the best for painting at least it will be cooler to work on the stuff and the show season is finished.

I hear ya George on that! I have tons of projects & nowhere near enough time for them. Been too danged hot this summer to do much more than one HAS to do!
I gotta get my rear in gear opn my D4-10 if I'm gonna have it ready for our local October show.