• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xrperry OFFLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 1259 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted September 20, 2017 - 10:04 PM

Well, I knew it was on the way,,,yea winter.so I put the front blade on,changed the oil,checked the air filter,changed the drive belt,put the wheel weights on,put the chains on,changed a axle seal,checked transaxle oil,greased all the zerks.its ready for snow. The Temps went from 80s, 90s, to 40s, 50s in just a week .I don't mind winter at all, it on its way, quick it seems

Edited by Xrperry, September 20, 2017 - 10:05 PM.

• chieffan said thank you

#2 karel OFFLINE  

karel
  • Member No: 38218
  • 2469 Thanks
  • 1561 posts

Posted September 21, 2017 - 03:17 AM

Winter is on its way. I have seen many of them. the other day I had to ask myself if I was on a seasonal auto pilot. I found myself in the wood lot.Then I asked myself. how the hell did I get here!

• KennyP, chieffan and Xrperry have said thanks

#3 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 3246 Thanks
  • 1430 posts

Posted September 21, 2017 - 07:22 AM

I still have to get ready for snow, but I have a little time on that still...I was down to one LME carburetor and was on the hunt for one, then my SSI from overnight solutions died on my plow tractor so I just got frustrated and bought a new engine. I was not going to spend another 135 plus dollars to get another pick up and I was not going to pay 169.00 on a 50 year old refurbished carb that the float bowl is likely to fall off any day  because ethanol has been and will be eating up the insides of these carbs. Now I have one HH120 that runs good but don't want to take the chance with it this year , just to hard to get things for when needed. So I re-powered it. I am looking forward to see how good she does in the snow this year. 

• KennyP and Xrperry have said thanks

#4 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 8514 Thanks
  • 5931 posts

Posted September 21, 2017 - 11:20 AM

Is it snowing yet? ...I've got plenty of time to put the snow blade on :rolling: :smilewink:

• Xrperry said thank you

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 16377 Thanks
  • 9032 posts

Posted September 21, 2017 - 12:40 PM

Not thinking about winter yet.  It is a ways off for sure.  I did fill the wood storage area in the mud room the other day.  2 rows 8' long & 4' high.  Had to clear out one side of the wood shed to make room for green wood later this fall.  Couple Maple trees to work up that a tornado took down back in July.  Actually there were 7 trees that went down but some are going to be hard to get to so will settle for two this time around.

• Xrperry said thank you