#46 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted July 01, 2011 - 01:57 PM

The reason why I ask is that before expansion and before tv, the St. Louis Cardinals probably had one of the largest following among any sports teams. KMOX radio was heard as far away as Canada, and there are still numerous Cardinal fans coming up from Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, etc. to see the Cards play at home in St. Louis. Lou Brock, Cardinal Hall of Famer, has said when he was growing up in southern Mississippi, he would listen to the Cardinals play on KMOX. Half of Illinois is divided between Cardinal fans and Cub fans.

I only added Louisville when I saw Tractorchick was from Indiana and thought maybe she was from southern Indiana where the Louisville Cardinals may have a stronger presence. Here, most people wouldn't even associate the name Cardinals with anything other than St. Louis.

#47 MAV OFFLINE  

MAV

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 487
  • 108 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 01, 2011 - 03:04 PM

Oh she is a St Louis Cardinal fan through and through. We had this discusion last year at the Expo. She just couldn't understand why I am a Cub fan and only live about 80 miles from St. Louis. LOL

#48 Rick Brumback OFFLINE  

Rick Brumback

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4355
  • 19 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted July 01, 2011 - 03:20 PM

I am a long haul trucker,since about 1998.

#49 jhn9840 OFFLINE  

jhn9840

• Member No: 10
  • 127 Thanks
  • 186 posts

Posted July 02, 2011 - 12:26 PM

Out of high school I went to the local technical college for welding. Welded in a ship repair yard for close to twenty years until they went out of business. Bounced around from job to job for a few years. Painted houses for a painting contractor for a couple of years. Problem is you don't paint outside around here from mid fall to mid spring. Got my current job working in the local 911 center. Been here for almost 15 years now. Don't like working behind a desk much but there is plenty of job security and the pay is not bad.

jhn9840
John

#50 jamesbodeis OFFLINE  

jamesbodeis

• Member No: 4836
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted July 14, 2011 - 10:16 AM

parts counterman at the local chevy dealer.

#51 jj69chev OFFLINE  

jj69chev

Tractorholic

• Member No: 626
  • 24 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted July 14, 2011 - 12:28 PM

well to many to list, been everywhere... started on the farm, worked pretty much every aspect of residential construction, from earth moving to finish carpentry. Always been good with electronics, so did some home theater installations, loan officer for a short time right before the crash, and now work as a 911 dispatcher for the sheriffs office. Guess I haven't found my niche yet...

#52 drbish OFFLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,162 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted July 14, 2011 - 04:12 PM

i work in the fiberglass industry,have worked in mold making ,trimming,and finishing. Our plant makes a wide variety of parts including water slides parts, for altec,church steeples and babistries among many other small parts.Iam in the thought process of making a mold for a hard to find tractor fender for a gt any suggestions

#53 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 14, 2011 - 04:33 PM

i work in the fiberglass industry,have worked in mold making ,trimming,and finishing. Our plant makes a wide variety of parts including water slides parts, for altec,church steeples and babistries among many other small parts.Iam in the thought process of making a mold for a hard to find tractor fender for a gt any suggestions

I have a suggestion, and the parts. Springfield used fiberglass fenderpans, hoods, and grills in the 1960's, and finding those parts that don't require repair is difficult. I could use some new ones, mabey that is something you want to consider. Also, glad to have you here at GTTalk.

#54 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 07:04 AM

A lot of GT's have plastic dash panels the need replacement. Hard to find good ones.

#55 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 07:11 AM

MF and Snapper 50 & 55 series dash panels are a nothing widely needed item

#56 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 08:05 AM

I find it interesting that in three posts, we have two 911 Dispatchers. That's a job that takes a Cool Head and paitence.

#57 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted July 16, 2011 - 07:52 PM

I'm a heavy equipment operator in Local 66 of western Pa. for the last 12 years. In the past, I have worn many name tags. I have been an ambulance attendant, photographer, ran printing presses, fixed vending machines, and a few other "professions".

#58 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• Member No: 3900
  • 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted July 16, 2011 - 08:55 PM

After HS I was a security guard at a coal prep plant in western pa then decided I wanted to get out of town so I joined the Marines and bumped around the word for a few years ended up in Eastern North Carolina working for a small Telecommunications company Installing phone systems,computer networks ,and fiber optics, My Title at work is senior field tech / the guy they call for help

#59 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted July 16, 2011 - 09:20 PM

I'm an estimator/installer for a company that furnishes and installs Markerboards, chalkboards, tackboards, coiling overhead doors and grilles, operable panel partitions, toilet partitions and accessories, gymnasium equipment and bleachers, and projection screens. Mostly all School projects. I've been doing this job for 11 years, but before that, I had my own company as a specialty finish carpenter, installing banisters, doors, kitchens, decks, and finish trim in new housing construction. Only 23 more years until retirement. After that, my full time job will be tractor restorations. Nice thing about the retirement job though, is making your own hours, and taking naps in the middle of the afternoon if I want to.

#60 motobreeder ONLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 10:11 PM

I'm a wrench head trapped in a computer geek's profession.