Garden Tractor Forums banner

Snowblower options for a classic auction find

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  boyscout862 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,

I am new to this whole internet form thing, but what better way to start than talking about garden tractors. The reason for my post today is to see if anyone has any insight about what a guy can do to outfit his new used beast of a Jacobsen GT16 with a snowblower. From what I have found I have limited options unless I find an original implement for the unit. I wanted to know if this was true or if I have any other options.

I scored a well taken care of Jacobsen GT16 at an auction last weekend. The unit came with all the original manuals and the unit purs like a kitten. Everything works great, lights work both front and back. PTO works great and both hydrostatic speeds work great. It was well cared for and works great. I just need something I can blow snow with and if I cant use this beast I wonder if I need to look for other options.

What can I do for a snowblower for this bad boy? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I attached a few photos of my new big boy lawn toy. Let me know what you think.

Font Publication Plant Auto part Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Riding mower Vehicle Lawn mower
Tire Wheel Tractor Riding mower Vehicle
Font Gas Wood Nameplate Commemorative plaque
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Wheel Tire Riding mower Lawn mower Mower

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
welcome........There were both single stage and 2 stage blowers available for those. Might want to also add Ford LGT into your search, same machine different color. I have a single stage on my Ford.

Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Attachments

#5 ·
:wave: Welcome to the forum! Nice looking Jake! Hope you find a blower for it.

Reactions: NewGT16Owner
#6 ·
I think you have a great machine. Thanks for sharing the photo including the price tag of 2914$... that a lot of coin back in the earlt 1980's. Like poncho said Ford LGT blower, there are members here that modifided other brands to work on these tractor. Just another option.

#7 ·
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the input and advice. I absolutely love this machine and all my neighbors are jealous of the limited about of plastic on it and the price I paid for it at the auction. I have spent many hours searching for old Ford/Jacobsen 42" in Snowblowers with limited success. Im up in North Dakota where there are plenty of Ag and Farm Auctions but I am not going to hold my breath trying to find an original.

I might have to just modify another brand. Where on here can I find information about which brand would be best to modify or pointer on modifying another snowblower?

Thanks everyone.

#8 ·
Have you checked Epay? You will also need wheel weights and tire chains. Most brands of 12" wheel weights should fit. I've cut down old cars chains to use on GTs. Keep in mind that a plow will work on up to 8" of snow(unless it is very wet). A cab will greatly increase your comfort . Good Luck, Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.