• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 veizter OFFLINE  

veizter
  • Member No: 84893
  • 10 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted September 17, 2017 - 12:01 PM

the seal needs replaced on the hydrostat . part #5  . I have most of it apart , but how does the shaft come out to get at the seal ? I'm trying to do this in the tractor, but I don't know if the shaft bracket comes off ? does the whole shaft pull out and then replace the seal and slide the shaft back in ?

#2 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 660 Thanks
  • 409 posts

Posted September 17, 2017 - 02:08 PM

If its the one behind #45 the hydro has to come out and apart to get at it.  In the parts break down #45 goes inside and is pinned to #42 by #41  Here's the link to the trouble shooting guide for the CC 682 & 782 http://gardentractor...ouble-shooting/.  The pumps have a few different part numbers than yours but removal and dissasembly instructions are the same.  I'd try to explain it to you as I've done probably close to a dozen but with a pounding head cold right now I'm afraid I'd mess up or miss a step, but the guide in the link is the same as the one I use at work.  Hope this helps.                                  Stewart

• veizter said thank you

#3 veizter OFFLINE  

veizter
  • Member No: 84893
  • 10 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted September 17, 2017 - 09:24 PM

as I pull the pump apart , are the internal pump parts going to stay together or will it come out in pieces ? . I've been a maintence man my whole life , I just don't want to mess this up .I don't need to rebuild the pump , just need to replace the seal . I have the transaxle out , laying on the floor , will take the pump off tomorrow or Tuesday .

#4 olds45512 ONLINE  

olds45512
  • Member No: 77943
  • 1,271 Thanks
  • 645 posts

Posted September 17, 2017 - 09:47 PM

Download the service manual, disassembly of the pump is covered in it. Make sure you read it a few times before you start taking it apart.

• veizter said thank you