• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LostDog88 OFFLINE  

LostDog88
  • Member No: 88305
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 13, 2017 - 09:13 PM

I bought a (used) Pow'r Max Simplicity tractor couple days ago. Complete with FEL and Backhoe attachment. 

Tore up some earth yesterday and today. Was super happy. Then......like boating or racing.....sadness.

Thanks to this forum I have learned I have a Allis 720 (Please all I am new, so feel free to correct, advise, and teach!)

The belt on the front PTO broke. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a new one on there. No tensioner? No way to remove the bottom pulley? I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get the new belt on without removing everything.

I looked in the manual. Did I miss it somewhere?

Anyone out there willing to help out a newbie?

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,643 Thanks
  • 8,596 posts

Posted September 13, 2017 - 11:29 PM

Welcome to GTT. That sounds like a real nice machine. I don't know about that belt but AC is usually pretty smart about maintenance. Did you download the manuals from our Manuals Section? Hopefully someone will be along that knows more. Good Luck, Rick

Look in the Service Manual: http://gardentractor...service-manual/

Edited by boyscout862, September 13, 2017 - 11:32 PM.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,486 Thanks
  • 30,606 posts

Posted September 13, 2017 - 11:37 PM

The 720 used a mule drive for mower decks that allowed loosening to replace the belt.  Not having any pics of yours to go by, I have to assume your front PTO drives a hydraulic pump?  If it does, then the pump would be one that came with the loader/backhoe and their manual would cover the instructions.  Allis used "Ark" loaders, and I think "Brantley" backhoes.  Then your pump may be home built also.

#4 LostDog88 OFFLINE  

LostDog88
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 14, 2017 - 07:21 AM

The 720 used a mule drive for mower decks that allowed loosening to replace the belt.  Not having any pics of yours to go by, I have to assume your front PTO drives a hydraulic pump?  If it does, then the pump would be one that came with the loader/backhoe and their manual would cover the instructions.  Allis used "Ark" loaders, and I think "Brantley" backhoes.  Then your pump may be home built also.

Yes, it is a Brantley backhoe. I don't have the mower deck. I bought an MTD Yard Machine for the light mowing that needed to be done in the front. 

The guy who sold it to me stated that the loader and the shovel both work off of the Front pump. I am assuming (again, very new at this) the two switches on the dash (front clutch, rear clutch) drives the front pump and the rear switch drives the rear PTO? Again. Guessing.

I will poke around for a manual for the shovel and see if it shows how to replace that belt.

#5 LostDog88 OFFLINE  

LostDog88
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 14, 2017 - 07:22 AM

Welcome to GTT. That sounds like a real nice machine. I don't know about that belt but AC is usually pretty smart about maintenance. Did you download the manuals from our Manuals Section? Hopefully someone will be along that knows more. Good Luck, Rick

Look in the Service Manual: http://gardentractor...service-manual/

Yes sir. I looked all over that manual and no where does it say anything about a front pump or belt or anything.

There is mention of a front clutch and that if there needs to be maintenance done, it says to remove the drive belt! Okay....How? LOL

Edited by LostDog88, September 14, 2017 - 07:36 AM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,750 Thanks
  • 43,790 posts

Posted September 14, 2017 - 07:33 AM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Here is the Brantley owners manual and a brochure. Have fun with it!

#7 LostDog88 OFFLINE  

LostDog88
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 14, 2017 - 08:21 AM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Here is the Brantley owners manual and a brochure. Have fun with it!

Thank you. Another excellent manual to add to my growing collection.

Sadly, no information on how to change out that belt from the clutch to the shovels hydraulic pump. 

#8 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,203 Thanks
  • 2,280 posts

Posted September 14, 2017 - 10:03 AM

The Powermax machines used several loaders...which do you have?   :wewantpics: 

ARK loaders are the most common, and were branded in Allis and Simplicity names for both companies, and there are two varieties.  The 600 and 700.

Additionally, there were two Danco loaders, SV40 and SV41, as well as a Brantly loader a Johnson loader and a Kwikway loader.  I have yet to see the Brantly...not even a photo, but it is listed in Brantly literature.  The Johnson I have only seen in brochures (in the Brantley hoe manual, no less) and the Kwikway I have seen a few times.  The Danco's are seen periodically, with the higher capacity SV41 seeming to be more common than the earlier SV40.  The ARK 600 and 700 loaders are quite common, with the 700 being preferred, as it is a bit more stout.  They share the same pump and capacity.  All of these are powered off the front PTO clutch and sometimes the Brantly hoe T's into that hydraulic circuit as well.  Brantly's could be had with their own rear PTO pump and dedicated reservoir when bought separately from a TBL combo.

#9 LostDog88 OFFLINE  

LostDog88
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 15, 2017 - 09:54 AM

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put a picture or file in this thread? 

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,750 Thanks
  • 43,790 posts

Posted September 15, 2017 - 11:02 AM

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put a picture or file in this thread? 

When you reply, look for the More Reply Options button next to the Post button. My signature has a link to a video on uploading pics/files.

#11 LostDog88 OFFLINE  

LostDog88
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 15, 2017 - 11:09 AM

When you reply, look for the More Reply Options button next to the Post button. My signature has a link to a video on uploading pics/files.

Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170914_191515.jpg
  • 20170914_191535.jpg
  • 20170914_191543.jpg

• KennyP said thank you

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-